▪︎part twenty six▪︎

"Are you sure you want to go with them?" Five questioned looking towards Luther, who was giving his best excuse as to why Y/n and Klaus had behaved as they did to the three officers that had come to the scene. Klaus smirked behind his brother, who towered over the three making them listen to whatever lie he told them. Five let his thumb circle the back of her hand as he stared lovingly into her eyes. "Of course. I have to go to make sure they don't turn off Mom." She explained smiling softly. Five nodded, understanding the connection between her and their mother.

Y/n loved Grace and idolized her throughout her younger years. The way Garce could stay positive and caring during their troubled childhood amazed Y/n and she loved Grace for that. The idea of them turning her off killed her and Five knew she would do anything in her power to keep that from happening. Who was he to stop her?

"Alright I'll come find you as soon as I get a lead ok?" Five promised. "Ok." She smiled as Five placed a kiss on her forehead. However the tender moment was ruined as Luther cleared his throat, waiting for Y/n to come with them. "Alright, I'm coming." Y/n assured before following them. "Bye, love." Five called making Y/n smile and blow him a kiss. "You guys are so cute. Aren't they cute, Luther?" Klaus asked but Luther turned away ignoring the question.

•••

"And you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya questioned in a mixture of doubt and sadness. Y/n glared at the TV, her mind denying what she witnessed. Klaus chewed on his chips that he had somehow managed to keep beside her making her grow even more annoyed. "You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther explained with a shrug. "How could you say that? She raised you." Y/n spat. Luther stared hurt at Y/n and for a moment Y/n felt guilty. She had just broken the poor man's heart and now she was being so hateful towards him.

"If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report." Diego commented, keeping his arms crossed. "Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Luther argued making Y/n roll her eyes as she leaned into Klaus a little, frustrated and angry. Klaus moved his arm to rest around her shoulders as he continued to munch on his chips, unaware of how comforting he was being.

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision." Diego fought stepping forward to the TV. The group watched as Diego rewinded the video, curious as to what new evidence he was going to bring to the table. "Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone." Diego informed turning to his siblings. "Oh yeah." Klaus laughed looking down at Y/n who had leaned forward to watch the video closely. "She wasn't poisoning him. She was...taking it. To clean it." Diego explained, pacing across the room.

"Then where is it? No, I've searched the house, including her things. She doesn't have it." Luther spouted trying to make sense of the new information. "That's because I took it from her. After the funeral." Diego confessed lifting up one of his blades. "You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?" Allison snapped. "Give it to me." Luther commanded, thrashing his hand out for the object. "I threw it away." Diego told them. "You what?" Luther growled as Allison scoffed at their brother. "Look, I knew if you found it on Mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now." Diego justified pointing the small knife at Luther. "Diego, you son of a bitch." Luther snarled stepping towards Diego, making him get into a defensive stance.

"Hey. No. Calm down." Vanya intervened but both men kept their tense poses. "Look, I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but...also as a protector." Vanya explained. "What does that mean?" Allison asked crossing her arms. "She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy." Vanya continued. "Meaning she cannot harm anyone, let alone the man who created her." Y/n said standing beside Vanya. "Well, if her hardware is degrading, then..." Luther looked between his siblings choosing his next words wisely. "We need to turn her off." Luther said pained by the statement. "What no!" Y/n yelled. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in the closet! She feels things, I've seen it!" Diego shouted. "She's our mother, Luther!" Y/n cried sending a harsh glare his way. "She just stood there and watched our father die!" Luther fought.