{•Chapter Twenty-Five•}

Start from the beginning

"Leave Ashley out of this!" Leon bellowed.

"Oh, I needed her to buy Saddler's trust in me. Like you, I'm American." Krauser kicked a metal barrel at Leon to distract him. When the blonde thought he would target him, the man charged towards Gwen. The archivist managed to dodge, but Krauser was persistent.

Leon rushes to Gwen's aid and managed to yank Krauser away from her before he could plunge his blade into her chest. He kicked him in the side to get him away from the woman. "Your fight is with me, Krauser, not her," he growled.

Krauser huffed with laughter as he recovered. His eyes drifted to Gwen. "So, this is the girl, huh? Got to admit, you've found yourself a beauty. A shame you won't be able to protect her."

"What the hell does that mean?" Leon snarled.

"Umbrella wants her back," Krauser responded. He leapt into action and sliced at Leon. Gwen watched as the two men struggled, but the blonde managed to slice open the front of the burly man's shirt and break the skin. Krauser glances down, noticing the blood erupt from the ruptured skin. Seeing the man was distracted, Leon raised his knife and swiped it at the assailant. Unfortunately, Krauser saw through the agent's attack and dodged before sending him to the floor with a kick.

Leon grunted from the impact and ended up dropping his knife. He pushed his upper body off the floor as his eyes narrowed from the sudden wave of pain. "Umbrella?" The blonde finally was able to ask.

"Almost let it slip," Krauser scoffed. He raised his blade and stared down at Leon. "Enough talk. Die, comrade!" He springs to impale Leon with his knife, but a single bullet knocked the weapon out of his hand before he could kill him. The bullet had also split open the side of his palm.

Gritting his teeth, Krauser looked to where the bullet came from. His eyes landed on Gwen, whose pistol was still smoking fron the single shot. "You bitch!" He flew to his feet, eyes filled with rage as he set his sights on the woman.

"No!" Leon shouted as he scrambled to his feet to try and stop Krauser. Before he could stop the man, another gun went off and a bullet lodged into the muscular man's shoulder. Staggering, he backed away from Gwen as a familiar woman in a red dress revealed herself.

"Ada!" Leon yelled as he spotted the woman on the catwalk above.

"Well, if it isn't the bitch in the red dress," Krauser mocked, pressing a hand against the bullet wound and suppressing the blood flow.

"It looks like we have the upper hand here," Ada smirked, keeping her pistol aimed at Krauser.

The man laughs, then flips onto another walkway high above them. "You may be able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inevitable death, is it?" He runs off.

Ada hops down as Leon picks up the knife Krauser left behind. "You...knew each other?"

"I was just about to ask the same thing," Gwen sighed as she holstered her handgun.

"More or less," Leon replied. "Maybe it's about time you told me the reason you're here?" His sapphire eyes watched Ada closely as she sauntered over to Gwen.

"Maybe some other time." Ada held out her hand towards Gwen, revealing what she held in her palm. "You might want to take this before someone else finds it."

In her hand was a single vial of silver blood. Gwen took the glass bottle and placed it in her pocket. "Uh, yeah. Thanks."

Ada simply smiles in response before casually hopping over the railing and disappearing.

Leon went to call out to Gwen but was stopped when he gets another call from Saddler. On the screen, the man's unveiled face held a smirk.

*****
"Enjoy the reunion with your old friend?"
*****