Today Was A Fairytale

Start from the beginning

"Well would you look at that..." she started "Our dates ditched us for each other"

"Yeah. Yeah they did" Draco replied.

Time slows down whenever you're around
But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there

Time passed by and the two of them haven't move from their spot. They just sat there with Draco drinking whiskey while Hermione just took little sips of her beverage. They had small talks and pause at first but then soon exchanged conversations and would even laugh at each others sharing of a ridiculous story.

"Really?" Hermione half laughed and asked "Pansy really puts a spell---a glamour spell just to...to look like a Goddess?"

Draco chuckled while nodding "To tell you the truth, even with a glamour spell she still looks like a retarded girl" he said and Hermione even laughed harder at that. He smiled. He liked it. He love seeing Hermione laugh instead of sulking in the corner of the room.

"So why date her then?" Hermione asked

Draco froze. He opened his mouth then closed it again without even saying a word. He was struggling to find the right answers to come out from his mouth but none came. 'Why did he?' He asked himself.

"I--I don't know" was all that came out from his mouth.

"What?" Hermione asked "Is that even possible?" she added and Draco just shrugged.

To tell you the truth, he doesn't even know why he was attracted at Pansy---was he even attracted to her? Yes. Yes of course he admired her, some of her attitudes. And maybe their parents influences contributed on why he started dating Pansy.

"You're unbelievable Draco Malfoy. Unbelievable" Hermione said and took a sip from her whiskey. He doesn't know why but talking with Hermione seems more heart warming than hanging out with Pansy and his friends. Which gave him a thought, where was his friends?

'Huh, they didn't even notice me' he thought. 'Pansy was with Mr. Seeker over there, Blaise was probably flirting with a girl---or they're probably in bed by now, Crabbe and Goyle, well they seem to be enjoying their selves with other girls at the dance floor.'

Hermione noticed Draco became quiet all of a sudden. She studied him and saw that he was looking at the dance floor where almost everyone is.

'Oh No! He's not thinking of---Oh this will just cause a commotion' she thought. She looked at the direction where he was looking and her face flushed quickly. Ugh how could she be so assuming? He was staring at Crabbe and Goyle. His Friends. Of course he'd want to hangout with them more than her. Maybe the talk with her was just a pastime? A bet perhaps?

From the corner of her eyes she saw something red stop a few feet from her. She tilted her head to see Ron...a very furious Ron. 'What's wrong with him?' she thought. Ron was acting like kinda odd since the start of the ball. She wonders why? The two of them had eye to eye contact for a few moments then stormed off furiously at the door. Hermione stood up quickly and looked at Ron as he angrily stormed off.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked standing up from his position,confusion evident from his face. Hermione faced him and as soon as her brown eyes made contact with his worried stormy gray eyes, she froze for a second.

"Uhh.. uhm.. Thank you. Thank You for...comforting me." she said and smiled. Draco's lips curled, it wasn't his famous smirk but it was a sweet and charming smile. "I.. I have to go.. Ronald--"