(Part 2) My Fair Lady

Start from the beginning

The person crept into the cage with him and draped something onto his small form. His frown deepened, and he looked up.

It was her.

Her features were marred with horror and guilt but that stupid song made him see her as no less beautiful than before. She had brought him a blanket. The blanket provided a small bit of comfort, but her presence brought more. He battled that feeling. He would not fall victim to her magic again.

Akira looked up at her but she wasn't looking at him. She was staring, horrified, at the scene around her. This was where the children went? She thought to herself, staring into their deadened eyes. 

"Admiring your work?" he spat bitterly.

Her eyes fell on him again and he felt his breath catch in his throat. She was beautiful, but also terrified. He ignored that first part. "I... I had no idea, I swea'." she choked out the words. "But... I'll fix 'at later. I 'ave to 'elp you first." She knelt down and held out her arms invitingly. "Another person is warmer 'an a blanket."

His body moved of its own accord but he stopped it. "No!" he yelled. She blinked in surprise and a slight twinge of fear showed in her eyes. Her head whipped around to see if anyone had heard and come into the room. "No... you won't have this control over me anymore!" He wrenched the blanket off of him and threw it at her. His eyes sparked with hatred and he scooted away from her. He shook his head, "Get out."

Her lips parted in sadness and he had to focus as hard as he could on her eyes. "But-"

"Get out!" he whisper-yelled, not wanting to alert those people anymore than she did. She pursed her lips and looked ready to retort, but instead pushed herself to her feet.

"I'll be comin' back fer you." she reassured him.

"Don't bother." he said, turning away from her.

He heard her pause before her footsteps took towards the door and faded away, the tell-tale creak of the door closing behind her.

~ le time skip brought to you by a sexually frustrated little man ~

(Y/N) growled softly, frustrated at what she had seen the night before. Her hands worked expertly to fold the just-dried clothes in them as her mind focused elsewhere. All that time and effort put in and they turned out to be the bad guys all along. She hadn't told anyone else about what she had seen---too busy thinking about that boy.

She could save him.

But not the others. The thought pulled at her heartstrings and she tried to hide the pain from showing on her face. The other children she'd seen were too far gone, it'd be pointless to even try to save them.

She organized the clothes into separate piles for each person, placing each pile neatly into a basket. (Y/N) picked it up with not much difficulty, easily carrying it over to Wendy and Peter's tent. This was where she made her rounds of laundry, cleaning and folding and putting away each person's clothes into their respective tents. Her act was fairly small, so she figured this was a good way to make up for it. Besides, she felt like a freeloader sitting idly while others slaved away at various chores. A circus wasn't an easy place to keep up with.

She placed their clothes into their tent, moving on to Beast, Dagger, Jumbo, Snake (it'd taken awhile, but the snakes warmed up to her), Doll, and last but not least, Joker. She parted the flap and entered, her basket much lighter than it had been at the beginning. She exhaled heavily, dropping the basket down with a thud. Her hands reached towards the sky and stretched, relieving her back of the strain put on it. "Ah..." she sighed, hearing the familiar pops.