EPILOGUE

"Stop worrying," Simon smiled, straightening the bow tie that wrapped around Ralph's neck, "You look great. And yes, I know you're going to say I'm batty."

Ralph gave him a crooked smiled and paced around the hotel room for his grooms people.

"Si, I can't help it—I'm going to be married in an hour or two. Married!"

Simon fixed his black hair in the mirror, "Well, you love him, don't you?"

"Of course I do!"

He smirked, "You're excited, aren't you?"

"Of course I am!"

"So what's the problem, then?" Simon beamed and hugged Ralph over his shoulders from behind.

"I dunno..." Ralph mumbled into his hands with a smile.

Simon giggled, leaving Ralph's shoulders, "Well, anyway, you can do this, Ralph. We're all so excited for you,"

Ralph smiled right before his sister walked into the room.

"Little Bee!" she exclaimed with excitement, greeting Ralph with a hug.

Ralph rolled his eyes at the childhood nickname, "Hey, sissy."

"Hola, Si!" she said, letting go of Ralph and turning to Simon.

"Hi, Claire," Simon waved shyly.

Ralph's sister, Claire, waved back and turned to Ralph once again.

She stared at Ralph for a minute, then softly spoke, "Wow."

Claire, in her light blue dress similar to Simon's light blue suit, bore a look of wide eyes and a mouth opened slightly. Taking in Ralph's image—a grey tuxedo cocooned around him and his hair greased into a wave—she breathed a deep breath as her eyes watered. Her face broke out into a smile.

"Wow," she uttered again.

"Is something wrong?" Ralph asked worriedly.

"No, not at all!" Claire giggled, "It's just...this is all so surreal."

She put her hands on his face.

"Little Bee, you're all grown up!"

Ralph felt the tears coming into his eyes as well. He snickered, with tears falling out of his eyes, and Claire pulled him into another hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Ralph. So proud," she whispered, one hand on his head, "You did it."

Ralph smiled; he knew what she meant. He had overcome his parents homophobic stresses and made it to his love. And now, he was getting married. Only about three years out of college, with a steady job, a family sized house, and a lovely fiancé. Or rather, almost husband. Still, he couldn't help but let his mind wander.

After the two stopped hugging, Ralph began, "I...I know it shouldn't matter, but..."

He paused, messing with the engagement ring on his finger.

"Are mother and father coming?"

Claire inhaled sharply, as if she was surprised by the question.

"No," she declared bravely.

Ralph's head dropped and Simon put a hand on his shoulder.

"But...mother cried a lot. She didn't want to miss it, but father, he...he said she couldn't go. If she did, he would never love her again," her words became slower, "He said, no son of mine is a...you know. He didn't seem to waver during any of it, mom said."