nine

The door swung open, startling Chris

The door swung open, startling Chris. "Boys!" He exclaimed, standing up to greet them. "She didn't ask too much of you, did she?"

"Nope!" Hyunjin said happily as he walked towards his mattress, throwing himself onto it. "Guess what, Mister Christopher Bang?" Hyunjin giggled happily, and Chris looked to Felix in absolute confusion. Felix, unlike Hyunjin, didn't seem too thrilled.

"We're princes." The younger Australian spoke through slightly gritted teeth. Chris choked on air, his eyes wide.

"You guys are what!?"

"We're the princes of Villa Alba!" Hyunjin said loudly, a large smile on his face.

"What do you have to do?" Their leader asked them.

"We get to boss you around!" The elder of the two princes laughed cheekily, pointing a finger at his hyung. Once again Chris looked at Felix, perplexed.

"You two become princes and one of you becomes depressed and the other acts like they're high? What is this?" He shakes his head in disbelief, turning around to walk back to his mattress.

"Oi! I'm not depressed!" The orange-haired boy said, throwing the nearest pillow at his green-haired best friend.

"Hyunjin's so happy about it and you're acting like you just got given the job as the toilet cleaner. What privileges does he have that you don't?" Chris asked genuinely. Felix swallowed, his eyes averting to the ground. He bit his lip gently before looking back up at his trusted leader.

"Good looks. A smart mouth. The second he breathes girls are all over him-"

"Oh shut up Felix." Hyunjin said, throwing a pillow at him. "You are just as good looking as me, and if anything you're a better speaker than I am." He stood up, walking over to join the two. "Is that really what you're worried about? That I'll be a better prince than you?"

"I'm worried that I won't be a good prince at all." Felix's eyes connected with Hyunjin's, sincerity in his words.

"Don't take any of this too seriously, Lix. It's only temporary after all." Chris said, walking towards his mattress once again.

"Chris, I don't think it is." The boy said, his words hanging in the silence.

"You don't think it's temporary?"

"Think about it. Seungmin's job as a teacher- I think Woojin got it too. Teachers can be easily trained and replaced. The Queen said she wanted warriors- warriors can be easily replaced too. I'm not sure what other jobs have been offered, but most of them are easily replaceable. However, a prince? Since when have you ever heard of a prince that's been replaced in less than a year of his reign?"

"Since when have you ever heard of a group of nine young boys being taken away from their village to be tested on who escaped the facility, then making a home in a warehouse that soon got invaded by a clan?" Chris retaliated. Felix looked defeated, bringing a hand up to rest on his forehead.

"Look, we can't rule anything out. And if it does turn out to be a permanent position, we'll find a way to get through it." Hyunjin reasoned, and the two others nodded. Suddenly the door flew open, revealing five loud boys. They all greeted each other, taking seats on their mattresses.

"What positions did everyone get given?" Chris asked.

"Woojin and I are teachers!" Seungmin said, high fiving the eldest member.

"Changbin, Minho and I are warriors." Jisung smiled at his two friends who were extremely tired from their first two and a half hour training session.

"Hyunjin and I are princes." Felix said, and an array of gasps and shocked words sounded throughout the room.

"Like, real princes?" Changbin asked giddily in disbelief, and the two boys nodded. Many 'congratulations' were thrown at them, fueling Hyunjin's happiness and deepening Felix's concerns, but he didn't let it show.

"And I'm the new village leader!" Chris said happily, and the boys congratulated him also.

"As expected." Jisung muttered, causing everyone to laugh.

"Wait..." Hyunjin said, his eyes scanning the room. "Where's Jeongin?"