Nathaniel x Marc (Miraculous Ladybug)

Start from the beginning

Chloe then looked at Marc for the first time. The Ravenclaw was looking down with his hands on his lap, not saying anything. That made the girl's smirk widen as she leaned closer to him.

"Why are you looking down? Scared? Are you scared little fag?" Marc seemed to become smaller at those words. "Look at you. No wonder your parents don't talk to you. I mean, I would be totally embarrassed if I had a son like that as well. Of course, my son would be perfect, nothing like you. Who would want their child to be like you, anyway? Your parents did the best thing leaving-"

"Chloe, that's enough!" Nathaniel interrupted her and shot up from his chair.

His reaction surprised Marc, Chloe and Sabrina as well as himself. Nathaniel never spoke up like this. But he couldn't take it anymore. Seeing Marc in that state – being badmouthed, tensing up, at the edge of crying – made him incredibly mad. He knew how bad the black-haired felt about his parents' disapproval of his sexuality and how much worse comments like those of Chloe's made everything for him. Nathaniel believed Marc deserved better than that – he knew the boy should be treated a thousand times better. And he wanted to make sure that would happen – as much as he could at least.

"Did you just shout at me?" Chloe asked when she got over her shock – both because someone had just yelled at her and because that was Nathaniel.

The red-haired tensed up a little, but stood his ground.

"You shouldn't talk like that to Marc."

"Huh? And why should I listen to you? You're just as bad as him," Chloe said, making the boy clench his fists.

"Stop it."

"What are you going to do about it? There's nothing you can do to me. You're nowhere near me. If I wanted, I could have you out of this school. And there's nothing anyone can-"

"Actually, Chloe, there are a lot of things that can happen to you," a voice interrupted her.

When the four turned to look, they found Alya and Marinette standing right behind Sabrina. The green-eyed girl jumped a little and run to hide behind her friend as soon as she saw the two of them.

"Get off me!" Chloe whined, pushing the girl away, and then looked at the two new-comers. "As if I'd be scared of you two. You can't do anything to me."

"You're right, we can't," Marinette told her shaking her shoulders.

"But I'm sure that my sister would be very happy to hear about this. And you know what happens to whoever messes with my sister, don't you, Chloe?" Alya continued.

Immediately, the Slytherin's face paled. She glanced at Nathaniel and Marc for a moment and then back at Alya, before starting to walk away quickly.

"This isn't over!" she yelled as she walked, with Sabrina close behind her.

Alya and Marinette rolled their eyes. Once Chloe was out of their sight, they turned to look at the two boys.

"Are you okay, guys?" Marinette asked worryingly.

"Yes. Thank you for that," Nathaniel said and sat down again.

"I can't believe Chloe is still at it. Seriously, someone needs to put her spoiled ass in its place," Alya commented.

"Can't disagree on that. It would be such a relief if I didn't have to deal with her in every lesson. And the common room," Marinette whined, slumping her shoulders.

"There, there," her friend told her with a smile as she patted her back.

"Thank you again..." Marc's voice – which hadn't been heard this whole time – caught everyone's attention. "...I don't know why it's so hard for me to deal with her."