Chapter 14

"Blackpool baby!" Dianne practically jumped off the train, her small suitcase in tow.
"Dianne, calm down. We've been training all day and you're way too excited" a very sleepy Joe said as he too stepped down onto the platform.
"I can't help it, I've always wanted to dance in Blackpool tower and now I get to do it, with my boyfriend!"
"Dianne, shush" Joe hissed, very aware of the fact they were in a busy train station where anyone could hear what they said.
"Oops sorry!" Dianne whispered loudly, covering her mouth with her hand. "I keep forgetting."
"Don't look so worried. Come on, let's get to the hotel. I need food and sleep." Joe led the way through the station and found the car Strictly producers had ordered for the pair of them. They jumped in the back and relaxed a little as they were driven.

The tiredness seemed to hit Dianne like a brick and before long, she could feel her eyes getting heavier and heavier every time she blinked. Pulling to a stop, the pair thanked the driver and climbed out of the car into the brisk sea air. Dianne started to shiver immediately from the cold. Joe quickly noticed how cold she was and rushed inside to get checked in.
"Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell?" A lady at the front desk asked.
"Yep" Joe nodded as he spoke and walked up to the desk.
"Your room keys. Sir, you are 16. Miss, you are in 17. Both on the second floor."
"Thank you." Joe took both room keys from her outstretched hands and beckoned Dianne to follow him to a lift and up to the second floor.
"I'm guessing you'll be staying in my room?" He asked as they approached their rooms.
"Yep."
"Thought you might." Joe unlocked the door to his room and stood aside to let Dianne in first. They left their suitcases by the door and set about ordering room service.
"We should really think about telling production they don't need to book two rooms for us" Dianne said as she changed out of her clothes from It Takes Two into some joggers and Joe's hoodie.
"Probably, but we might jinx it" he joked from the bed.
"Oh don't be ridiculous Joseph."

"Wakey, wakey. Blackpool day one!" Joe opened his eyes to see Dianne up and dressed sat in front of the mirror doing her hair and makeup.
"How long have you been awake?" Her sleepy boyfriend asked as he rubbed his eyes and yawned widely.
"About an hour."
"What time is it now?"
"7."
"Oh my god."
Dianne giggled. "I can't help it, I'm excited."
"You're like a bloody kid at Christmas. I bet you would be the most excitable parent out of the two of us. I can't wait to see what you'll be like on Christmas Morning with kids." Looking at Joe through the mirror, Dianne's heart fluttered. When Joe though of the future, it was always Dianne he pictured himself with.
"I can't wait to see what you'll be like if we have kids" Dianne said with a grin.
"We have kids" Joe muttered softly, "I like that idea."
"So do I."

•••

No Joe, wrong way. Oh shit, I've forgotten the dance. This bit now. Wrong bit. Don't go wrong again. You idiot. Dianne's gonna kill you. Yes, finally a bit I did right. The ending, thank god.
As soon as the music stopped, Dianne turned to Joe with an unmistakeable glare. "What the hell was that?!"
"I'm sorry... I don't know what happened! I don't know what came over me!"
"Watch the videos from this week. You know the dance perfectly, what's going on?!"
"I've no idea. We'll go and see my nan and then you can shout at me."
"Joe, I'm not gonna shout-"
"Come on, my dad is gonna take the piss. Let's just get it over and done with."

"See ya Nan, I'm off to get my arse slapped for being naughty and forgetting my dance!" Joe waved to his family and slumped away from them over to where Dianne was talking to Pasha. Preparing for the telling off he was about to get, Joe stood just behind and waited for her to finish her conversation. When Pasha walked away to find Ashley, Joe waited for Dianne to speak first.
"Let's go and find somewhere quiet where you can watch the videos. It's Saturday, you need it glued."
"Okay." A very sheepish Joe followed an angry Dianne from the main ballroom, through many tiny corridors until they found an empty little room in the back with a couple of chairs. Dianne sat in one and pulled her phone out, sighing heavily as she began to look through it. Joe sat in the other and immediately started watching the videos. He was determined to get the dance right this week. He had to.

"Craig Revel-Horwood!"
"8!"
"Darcey Bussel!"
"10!"
"Shirley Ballas!"
"10!"
"Bruno Tonioli!"
"10!"

As soon as the camera was off them, Joe allowed the tears brimming in his eyes to escape. He had done it. He'd made it to Blackpool and gotten three tens. After everything that happened earlier on, he'd done it. Dianne pulled him out of the clauditorium and into the corridor where they needed to film for the Strictly Instagram page. Once they were free, Dianne dragged Joe down an empty corridor and kissed him gently.
"You did it Joe, three tens!" She wiped the lipstick off his lips and held his face in her hands.
"I know, I can't believe it. I really can't. What the hell."
"It honestly felt like I was dancing with a professional Joe!"
"Did I feel like Kevin?" He asked with a grin. It had become a running joke for him to ask. Dianne always said Kevin felt good to dance with so that had become Joe's new aim.
"Yes, you felt like Kevin" she smiled, "maybe even better but I could just be biased considering you're my boyfriend."
"I knew it!" Karen appeared at the end of the corridor. "I could hear voices and I didn't know where they were coming from- I'm not being weird. I needed a minute to calm down."
"It's okay" Dianne laughed, "just don't say anything. We're keeping it under wraps for now."
"My mouth is sealed." Karen pretended to zip up her lips before turning and walking away. Dianne looked back to Joe and giggled. "How are we going to keep this a secret for much longer?"
"I've no idea. I just want to tell the world you're mine."
"I'd say keep up the smooth talking to make me forgive you for earlier, but you've already done that." Joe grinned and pressed a kiss to his girlfriends lips.