7. Extra - Present Life.

"Emperor, Marquis ChangAn's carriage has passed through Chaoyang gate."

Hearing this, the young emperor looked up, finally putting down the brush he has grasped on for some time.

"Hai Qing Pavilion has been cleaned up?"

For the first time, LePing's respectful voice carried a smile in it, "It has been cleaned up properly."

Carrying out the order according to the Emperor's instruction, everything were properly decorated, from appliances to furnishing. The servants were also personally selected, no one more dependable than them.

"En."

Duan Ming Zhang stood up and walked to the side of the window. He put his hand out but took it back again. It seems that through the window lattice, the man in the incoming carriage beside him can be seen.

"You have put a lot of effort into this."

LePing smiled like a flower, "This servant just did something minor." The others don't know, but he knew ah. This person is not just anyone, but the future possible Empress!

No matter what, the Emperor can't bear to continue looking at the official documents. Duan Ming Zhang paced back and forth in the room. After the time of a whole stick of incense, a little eunuch came back kneeling down to report that Marquis ChangAn has settled down in Hai Qing Pavilion.
[Note : It was said online that the time of a stick of incense is around 10-15 min. Some said 10, some said 15.]

Then, with a posture full of majesty, the Emperor cleared his throat, "That being the case, Zhen will go take a look ba."

When Duan Ming Zhang went over, he did not let anyone announce his arrival. He just wanted to take a look at Rong Huai Zhen from afar. The Hai Qing Pavilion he arranged Rong Huai Zhen to stay in was very close to the Imperial Palace. Just go through from the backyard of a study. The distance was just like going from the side hall to the main hall. Looking past the arched entrance of the garden, the one sitting by the corridor staring blankly in the air, lost in thought, was none other than Rong Huai Zhen! He lightened his pace, quietly approached thinking, this is the Rong Huai Zhen who has been pampered and cared by his brothers, who haven't seen the sinister hearts of human ah...

Why was he frowning?

Was he worrying about his brothers who are going on an expedition soon, or feeling at loss over the unknown life living in the harem?

With this in mind, the Emperor can't help but took a step forward again but accidentally make some noise. Alarming the Rong Huai Zhen who was lost in his thoughts.

Two pairs of eyes met for a moment, Rong Huai Zhen stood up in panic to immediately give his greeting.

"This servant, Rong Huai Zhen give greeting to the Emperor...."

Duan Ming Xhang was suddenly stunned. Slowly, he blinked his eyes like he couldn't believe it. But he came to understand one thing – In the previous life at this time, Rong Huai Zhen has yet to meet him. He wore nothing but a plain official uniform which was the same with what those nobles and officials often worn walking inside the Palace. But Rong Huai Zhen can confirm his identity as the Emperor with just one glance. Then, there's only one reason....
He looked at Rong Huai Zhen's dark black hair and snow white neck, his voice uncontrollably trembled slightly.

"..... Beloved subject, you may rise."

Two person sat down facing each other in Hai Qing Pavilion, Rong Huai Zhen bowed down his head modestly while Duan Ming Zhang gazed steadily at him, unable to take away his eyes. His mind was burning with passion, feeling like he fell into a dream. He thought, the previous Rong Huai Zhen, has he ever used the same feeling in his heart to look at him? These days, he kept feeling afraid that this is just a dream. Then, waking up from the dream, he would still be the lonely, lofty person who spent every birthday with just a single grave. But now, from the moment he saw Rong Huai Zhen, he keep telling himself firmly that it was not a dream. Even if it was a dream, he must get a satisfying complete ending before waking up. Whispering his request, "Zhen sent people to bring over some refreshments, beloved subject try some and see."

Duan Ming Zhang wanted to know what he liked to eat. LePing appearing well-informed, brought in sixteen kind of pastries. Rong Huai Zhen hesitated for a moment, then took a piece of dried persimmon to eat. Taking a bite, the thick red filing stuck on his white teeth, it was cute beyond words. Duan Ming Zhang stared foolishly at him, waited until the anxious Rong Huai Zhen finished all four persimmons in the box, then lightly coughed.

"Since Marquis ChangAn like it.... LePing, fetch some more dried persimmons over."

In his mind, he thought as long as Huai Zhen liked it, he will definitely satisfied him.

"......"

Eating a large helping of dried persimmons from the box, and getting steadily stared by the Emperor, Rong Huai Zhen was really crying without tears. He took the dried persimmons to eat just because it was the nearest pastry to him ah! He wasn't particularly fond of persimmon ah ah ah —