If Your Girl Only Knew

ابدأ من البداية

            At that moment he knew she couldn’t hold it in any longer and she started crying loudly into his chest. “This was not supposed to happen!” She sobbed. “I’m not supposed to bury my baby”

            He rocked her back and forth trying to get her to calm down but knew it wasn’t gonna work. He needed to get her to at least stop crying right now because he knows for sure it’ll be a lot worse during the funeral.

            Chris heard the doorbell ring and almost ignored it not wanting to leave Sandra’s side, but they rung it again so he had to get it.

            “I gotta get that” He mumbled.

            She looked up at him and nodded removing herself from his hold. He stood up and got the door to see his sisters standing in front of them. When they heard the news they rushed over to Sandra’s house the same day it happened and seemed so hysterical. Now, Chris knows for sure that he has to be the strong one for the sake of his sisters, his mom, and Sandra.

            “Can we come in?” Karissa asked as they stood in front of his door with bags. “We thought we should bring you two some food”

            He nodded and walked towards the living room leaving them to come in themselves. When they walked in Karizma immediately walked over to Sandra’s aid asking her if she was okay and if she was hungry just to show she cared.

            Kourtney stood in the doorway of the living room watching all of them not wanting to completely join in. Chris knew she never did well with death and that she was dreading this whole thing wishing it would be over already. He knew she didn’t mean anything by it so he didn’t start an unwanted dispute with her. But she showed her condolences the day Harmony died and surprisingly even shed a few tears.

            “I don’t even know the half of how you two are feeling and I know a lot of people say it and it’s easier said then done…” Karissa started. “But you gotta be strong for Harmony because I’m sure she wouldn’t want you two stressin’ and starvin’ yourselves just because you two won’t see her for awhile”

            Sandra nodded her head. “I know, but it’s so hard”

            Chris looked over at Kourtney as she shook her head and walked away. He immediately stood up and jogged after her. He saw her with a fist full of her hair crying with her back up against the wall.

            He walked over to her and pulled her into him. Although Kourtney was a year older then Chris he still looked at her as his little sister. They always argued and bickered the most but she was the one he was closes to at the same time. No matter the situation she was always there right by his side.

            “Kourtney, it’s gonna be a’ight” He whispered to her.

            “It’s not Chris” She sobbed. “Why did this happen?”

            Over the course of three months Chris’s family grew fond to Harmony and Sandra taking them in like they’ve known them their whole lives. And in just three months she was gone like that.