Life or death

More and more neurois were coming from the water. Reach had grabbed his standard equipment but was almost out of ammo. To make things worse 7 neuroi witches and a warlock class neuroi had entered the fight. Soon I heard a sound that was not good just a "Click, click, click" sound. My guns were out of ammo. everyone was running low. I had a choice to make a stand and fight or run. Just then I saw the warlock class neuroi open fire on Leona. it hit her striker unit twice then pulled off as she began to lose control.  Then I saw reach ram his gun into the warlock class neuroi. 

I watched as he rammed the warlock class into the ground by pushing the striker unit to its max. I then saw 3 witch class ones moving in on Leona. I dropped both of my guns and pulled out my handgun and opened fire on them. I quickly caught up to one of the witch class ones and went to ram it. I saw a bright flash of light red, then the filling of air flying past me the something catching me, orders being yield, Fall back, fall back the base has been lost. I opened my eyes to see reach holding me. I watched as one by one friend started to get picked off. I then saw Leona, no weapons and both of her striker units smoking and a bloody nose.

I did not want to look to see what we had lost. I asked, "how bad is it". Reach then said, "The base got destroyed, civ losses are...". Leona then said"Ghost town". I felt tears start to form in my eyes then I buried my head against reach. It took 2 hours for us the reach the Streikhexe Flugzeugträger Neuroi-Jäger. Germanys only allowed aircraft carrier, only able to launch witches and warlocks. 

I tried to the bay but fell down. The captain redirected me to the medical bay, in my pain I had not realized that my left leg had been scorched. Then it hit me, the neuroi had aimed for my head but missed due to me ramming it. The doc said that it was just burnt skin. Then I was placed on room arrest. meaning I was grounded to my room on the Streikhexe Flugzeugträger Neuroi-Jäger. I fell asleep, I woke up in the middle of the night to find Leona asleep at the end of my bed and reach sleeping it a chair in the corner, he had a patch over his left eye and bandages over the side of his head. I looked back at Leona, she had a back brace on and a cast on her right arm. I then went back to sleep.