💀 Chapter 6 💀

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed.

"What? What happened?" Dorian said, turning back around.

"They changed my work hours." I stared at my phone, reading the number over and over again, wondering if it was some kind of prank.

"Really? Why?"

"She didn't say. All she said is that I work from 1PM to 12AM now and then hung up before I could even ask anything."

"Aw, I won't have my buddy in the mornings anymore." He pouted.

"Can you still drive me?" I asked, putting my phone away.

"Yeah, I think so. It's a lot of driving, but anything for you, babe."

"I'll take the bus back home, I just need to get there."

"Of course, I'll pick you up as soon as I get off."

"Thanks, Dory."

"Enjoy your long sleep, Lucy."

When I was back inside, all of the lights were off and the kitchen was cleaned. I was amazed at how Sonam managed to clean everything that fast. I moved to my room quietly and closed the door. I stripped out of my clothes and laid them down on the bed to use for later. As I was putting on shorts, Sonam barged through the door and screamed when she saw me. She tried to run back out, but her foot got stuck on the door stopper and her body dove into the ground, taking the entire door with her. The door literally broke off the wall and fell on top of her.

Eric woke up from the commotion and poked out his head. I was still shocked at what the fuck just happened. Eric yelped when he saw her struggling with the door and ran to her, lifting it up.

"I don't want to talk about it," she said, fixing herself and doing the walk of shame back to her room.

"What just happened?" Eric asked.

"I don't know, honestly."

Did she always go into our room when we weren't there? What if she came in here to steal our dirty clothes? What if she really was a weirdo like Dorian said she was? She seemed . . . so normal.

"Why aren't you at work?" he asked as he leaned the door against the wall, staring at it with a hand on his chin, looking deep in thought.

"They suddenly changed my hours."

"Oh, yeah. They do that when people quit, get fired, or disappear. They just need to sort things out until they find replacements."

"Disappear?"

"How the fuck am I supposed to repair the door? I can't fix this. I'm gonna have to call someone."

The place where the door used to be was badly torn. Either something was up with the wall or Sonam had supernatural strength.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it," I said.

"Really? Thanks. I'm used to doing all of the work around here. Glad someone is taking responsibility, even though you didn't do it."

"Yeah, it's no problem."

"Hey, you're really weak," he pointed out, staring at my shirtless body. That could have also been the reason Sonam screamed and may not have been because she was crazy.

"Thank you. A lot," I said sarcastically.

"You should come to the gym with me some time."

"Really? I've never really gone to a gym."

He walked forward and touched my biceps, again. This time he also touched my chest and my abs. I was suddenly getting the wrong impression. Did he really want me to go to the gym with him? Or did he want me to go to the gym with him. There were two meanings in the gay world—not that I knew anything about that, my only experiences were with Chance and that one kiss with Dorian.