CHAPTER SEVEN

★★★

"And, no, I don't want your sympathy, all this love is suffocating, just let me be sad and lonely!"

★★★

"Chip, slap me," Charles pleaded, squaring his shoulders towards the curious girl sitting beside him in Potions, "I need to get over myself."

"Any other time, I'd be glad to slap you, you know," she started slowly, watching Charlie roll his eyes, "but now I'm starting to worry."

"I'm stressing out about something that probably isn't even worth it, and I need someone to snap me out of it."

Deep inside, Charlie knew that it was something worth freaking out over. He didn't know who he was, and he would never know. It was a hard rock to swallow.

Whenever he would start to forget about his mega-crisis, he would see his reflection somewhere and start freaking out all over again.

 Today's FreakOut™ was sponsored by the potion they currently had in their cauldron, which mirrored his (his?) face with its shimmery surface.

God, he was a basket case.

"Where's Remus?"

Charles had hardly noticed the boys absence in the midst of his panic, but now it was the only thing he could think about. Was he really that sick? He knew the studious boy wouldn't miss a class unless it was life or death, was he in the Hospital Wing? Was--

"Charlie." Chip deadpanned, "You and I are gonna have a little discussion after class."

"Ooh, what's today's intervention going to be about?" Finn leaned in, smirking.

Potions was the only class that Gryffindor and Hufflepuff had together, so the four musketeers (three, whatever, potato po-tah-to), were all together.

Andy grinned, fully aware of what they were going to talk about, "Operation commencing, ladies and gents! Feel free to mention me in your wedding vows."

"Wedding vows?" Charlie, pretending to be clueless as ever, turned his attention back to his reflection in his potion, frowning.

The Wizarding World was much more accepting of homosexuality than the Muggles were, but Charlie still had it instilled in his brain that it was wrong, that it was sinful. His grandmother would have a heart attack if she knew that he was even thinking about other boys like that.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Denial seemed to be the theme of the afternoon as the four made their way out of the classroom, roaming the halls.

"Please. You can't tell me you don't feel something for him?"

Truth was, he did. One hundred percent. Every time he looked at the Remus, his heart would beat faster and his stomach felt funny and his face felt hot but it a good way.