You're too late.

Shoto Todoroki x Reader x Katsuki Bakugou
(Fantasy Au)

Your point of view

I stood at the the gates of the kingdom as I waited for my long time friend, prince Shoto. Why was I waiting for the prince at the kingdom gates?? Because he wanted to run away from an arranged marriage to princess Momo.
"Y/n." He said softly while on his horse and a hood over his head as he came up to me. "Let's go."
We both lead our horses along into the woods and to my little cabin.
"This is were I come when I need to get away from everyone." I explained.
"Its nice." He responded looking over at me. "Where will we put the horses?"
I motioned for him to follow me around the back which lead to a small stable.
We left our horses under cover and went inside to unpack his bag.
"Thank you for doing this. I didn't want an arranged marriage, I even told my father but he ignored me like always." Shoto said looking down.
"Sho....." I whispered quietly, getting his attention. "If you could choose... Who would you marry?"
You see, I never talked much. I only spoke to Shoto.
"I'm not sure. I haven't found anyone yet." He said quietly which made my heart break in two... Then four... Then eight... It continued breaking as those words replayed in my head.
"You okay Y/n? You froze." Shoto said placing a hand on my shoulder.
I looked at his hand, then looked away, then nodded walking towards my shoes.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"For a walk." Was all I responded with as I walked out.

I should have known that he wouldn't return my feelings! He's a Prince! And I'm just a village girl.
I was cut off from my thoughts when I was tackled to the ground.
"What the hell?! You're not an animal!" A unfamiliar male voice said from above Me.
"N-No I'm not!" I said squirming around.
"Wait look at me a sec." He said lightly grabbing my chin.
That's when I saw his ash blonde hair and his crimson red eyes, I know that I've seen him somewhere before... But where?
"Y/n?" He asked and his face softened and his hand rested on my cheek. I nodded slowly.
"Y/n its me! Its me Bakugou!" He said as tears brimmed his eyes.
"Bakugou?" I asked as all the memories flooded in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bakugou the water is freezing! Why did you push me in?!" Little me asked as I felt him pull me up as he chuckled.
"So I could save the beautiful damsel!" He said triumphantly.

----------------------

"What do you mean you wanna leave? Where will you go?"  I asked.
"Anywhere where I can find adventure! You should come with me!" He explained happily.
"I will!" I said as we locked pinkies.

--------------

"Y/n? We'll get married when we grow up right?" He asked with pleading eyes.
"Of course! I love you Bakugou!" I cried giving him a hug.
"I love you too!"

------------
After that day, he disappeared. No one saw where he went...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bakugou!" I said shooting up and hugging him tightly.
"Y/n! I've missed you!" He said burying his head in my neck. "What the hell are you doing out here?!"
"Walking, I need some space from my new roommate." I said rolling my eyes.
"Roommate?" He asked. "Can I meet said "roommate"?" He asked.
"Sure." I shrugged and started walking, but I was soon scooped up by Bakugou and put on his back.
"Just like old times, right?" He smiled.
"Heh... Just like old times." I smiled.
"Y/n? Who's this?" I heard Todoroki's voice from in front of us.
"This is Bakugou. He's my childhood friend. Bakugou, this is Todoroki, my roommate." I explained.
"You never told me your roommate was a boy." Bakugou growled, but I stopped when I hopped off his back and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Its alright. We aren't an item." I chuckled.
"Good." He mumbled. "So what's your deal?"
"Its frankly non of your business." Todoroki snapped.
"Todoroki!? What's gotten into you?" I asked.
"I don't like this boy. Just look at his clothes!" He exclaimed.
"Just because you're a prince doesn't mean everyone had to dress like one." I snapped.
"Right. I regret coming out here with you. I'm going home. Goodbye Y/n." He said collecting his horse.
I felt tears fall from my face when he left. I don't understand what I did wrong.
"Hey don't cry. Its fine, I've got you." Bakugou whispered quietly into my ear.
"Thank you."

Todoroki's point of view

I don't understand why I acted like that, I wanted to stay with Y/n, I wanted to marry her. But I left because of that Bakugou guy. Damn it. I hate being jealous! I rode into the castle gates and entered the castle.
"Back already Shoto?" My father smirked. All I did was glare and nod my head. "Good. Now we can get on with the wedding."
"Yes father"

- Five years later -

I was walking around the market because I didn't want to be around Momo. She was annoying me.
As I was walking I saw a familiar head of h/c hair and a pair of e/c eyes.
"Y/n?" I asked.
"Oh. Hello Shoto." She smiled. "I haven't seem you in five years, how's your marriage going?"
"Not well. I wanted to be with you! But I was blinded by my own jealousy." I sighed. "I'm sorry. But I want to tell you now that I lov-"
"Mommy!!" A young girl came running up to Y/n as she was picked up by her. "Daddy said that he will be here in a moment."
"Okay sweetie." She smiled kissing her forehead.
"You have a daughter..?" I asked in a state of shock.
"And a son." She smiled.
Then another familiar blonde came I to view, holding the young girls hand and a smaller child in his arms.
"Can I have my baby please sweetie?" She asked him.
"Our baby. But yes love." He said passing over the baby. "Hello Todoroki."
"Hello Bakugou." I said coldly.
"Mommy can we get a cake?" The young girl asked.
"Yes, of course. Bakugou, are you good here for a second?" Y/n asked.
"Yeah that's fine." He said as he gave her a quick peck on the lips before she walked off.
"Looks like you've been busy." I said coldly once again.
"And it looks like you're too late. Good day." He said walking off.

That was the last time I saw the girl I originally fell in love with, and I let her slip from my fingers like warm sand.