Chapter [16]: House Fire

[Colby's POV]

I woke up to heat and sounds of alarms blaring. I shuffled to grab my glasses as I couldn't find them. I finally caught them and put them on, the world around me turning explicit. I rushed out of my room and hurried to wake every one up.

"Momma please wake up!" I yelled as I shook her awake. She shot up and quickly realized what's going on. I ran to Brennen and woke him up as we both darted out of the room.

They ran own the stairs, but I ran into my room grabbing my two most prized possessions. The book that was handed down to me my father who is the author the book and my parents marriage rings. Those are the only two things that I still have of them.

I know it's not smart to stay in here but I can not leave the two things. "Colby!" I heard momma yell from the outside. I ran to the room door which was suddenly, broke down by Brennen, for it was stuck. I started coughing as the smoke filled my room.

He grabbed me and pulled me towards the stair case. Before we could descend them, I looked down and the whole place was lit on fire. I started panicking and took a deep breath of smoke out of instinct. I started feeling light headed and I began coughing uncontrollably.

"Colby! Hey hey stay with me. Come on. Stay with me." Brennen said as he put my arm over his shoulder and began descending the stairs. He wrapped himself around me when we suddenly a flame arised. We walked to the front door, but it was blocked off and was on flames.

We retreated to the back door, when opened it pushed me out, I saw a beam about to fall on Brennen so I quickly grabbed his wrist, pulling him out before it was too late.

I crouched down and began coughing again uncontrollably. I felt a wet substance leaking out of my mouth. I touched it and it was... blood.

I felt the world spinning as I heard Brennen and momma's faint yells.

Then, I dropped to the ground as darkness over took me...

   (A/N)
...............
I'm sorry..
(Last chap will be up soon)