Chap 1 •

NEVEAH ( Neveah above)

After school ended I zoomed to my car to get to work . Work has it's ups and downs being that my job is local and lots of people are there . I parked my car in the employees parking lot which was at the back . I think that was so stupid since I've actually been mugged before walking to my car . I clocked in and tied my apron around my shirt . I looked up to see a pretty black girl who was beautiful !! Her name tag read Aaliyah . I told her hi & told her I would talk with her after this customer .

" morning mr. Weston , more coffee?" I asked the consistent sixty year old customer .He gave me a warm smile while handing me his mug then continuing to read the paper of today . I made his coffee then gave it back to him .

"Thanks BabyGirl" he said and I simply nodded with a smile. I then went back to Aaliyah .

"Hi , my name is Neveah ."

"Oh my gawwdd you so pretty ma girl!" She said . I looked down and laughed .

"You think so?"

"Hell yes , I feel a good vibe from you , you seem cool . We should be cool"

"Okay-

"Ne please go cover those teens I'm boutta piss my pants" sharla , my coworker yelled calling me by my nickname in a squatting position looking like she was really boutta piss herself .

I laughed and looked up to see the groups of teens were Joshua & his squad . Just my luck . I walked over there with a happy vibe to not disappoint the customers .

"Hello my name i-"

"Hoe" this girl named Claire I think said .

I just shook my head thinking about how I need this money .

"My name is NEVEAH and I will be your server today can I start you all off with drinks and appetizers?" I asked politely while I noticed josh observing me . Everyone recited their drinks except for Joshua . I turned around and asked again snapping my fingers .

"Oh ! Lemme get a coke ma" josh said so smoothly .

After they ate & shit josh dropped me a $100 tip ! I was so happy in the inside , that's gas money & food money . I can prolly even get me some lil boots from Payless . I then noticed Claire coming up to me .

"Hey Girl I just wanna say sorry for my behavior and Josh told me to give you this address to meet him tonight cause he feeling you" Claire said handing me the paper then left . I was so overjoyed , I mean Joshua Williams asked me basically on a date . I was kind of iffy about it thoo. After work Aaliyah and me linked up & she wanted to play in my face and I must say mama put that makeup to work and made me look beautiful !! My face was beat ! We even went get a cute outfit with her money . I don't even know her like that but she is becoming a big sister idol .I'm so ready for tonight.

JOSH

tonight I have this drop and I want this shit to go smooth , I couldn't help but think some shit was gon pop of thoo .

LATER THAT NIGHT

NEVEAH

After Aaliyah got me all done in something simple . Some black high wasted pants , tupac hoodie, & Infrared jordans I was on my way to the address . Now this lil quiet road don't seem romantic at all but I always carry a .45 glock every since I was mugged . I turned my ignition off and walked further into the building in front of me .

"Josh"? I said shyly . He looked at me with a mix of confusion and rage.

"Who the fuck are you?!"

" umm..."

"Speak up bitch!"

"Neveah"

"The one from the diner earlier?"

"Yes , you friend gave me this address saying you wanted to meet me."

"Imma kill that bitch ! But you go home it's not safe & I never said that." I walked away disappointed but seen about five men coming. There is only one of Josh thoo!! I know he a drug dealer so what if they setting him up? I'm happy I was in the attire I was in because I'm ready. I loaded my 45 glock and went inside to see Josh tied up as I expected. I crept back and untied him while the men were discussing grimy shit . I point my glock to the one I figured was the leader .

"I'll shoot your ass"

"Do- " I just shot him and bullets started spraying . I seen josh shoot the other men then I blacked out.

JOSH

Damn, shorty a thug! She fine ass hell. Just earlier she wasn't the prettiest . Tf happened to her? I rushed to her side and seen she had been shot in the hip. I said a quick prayer praying she wasn't paralyzed and told the clean up crew to come get Marco and his boys. If it wasn't for shorty , my ass woulda been 6ft deep . I can't deal . I drove to the hospital not knowing what to do or who to call. I stayed because I owed her that much respect .

3 hours later

"Family of Neveah"

I stood up and told him I was all she had.

"It seems as if ms.Neveah slipped into coma and she said that she was sorry for invading when going into coma . "

I punched the fuck out that wall and needed a bed right next to her with a bandage for bruising my knuckles.

NEVEAH

I don't know what the fuck is going on and I'm freaking out. I'm hearing all these I'm sorry voices .

JOSH

Neveah machine started goin crazy so I snuck in the bathroom so the doctors won't put me out . & in a blink of an eye , all them bitches came swarming in saying she was having a panic attack . But I thought she was in coma? Dumb ass doctors .