T'challa appeared, seemingly from thin air, to kick Bucky off Natasha, allowing her to breath -- and curse.

After fighting each one of his opponents, Bucky made his way to a helicopter on the roof. Natasha watched from the ground as the tail fell into the river first, then the rest of the helicopter, with both Bucky and Steve. She waited a few more seconds, debating whether she should sprint and dive to save either or both, when Steve broke the surface of the water, holding Bucky afloat.

Natasha followed Steve and Sam as they took off with Bucky.

To hell with the Accords.

~~|2002|~~

"What will you do if I forget you?"

"James will die."

Natalia sighed as they walked. "Then I guess I'll just never forget. Do you know, most people visit here for a romantic evening."

"Well, killing things is what you're good at, and I admire you at work. Romantic enough."

"Soldier, it's morning."

James shrugged. "So? It's dark."

Natalia laughed. "You're special, Soldier. A real special kind of idiot. Great personality, though."

"I'm glad. I created this one specifically for you."

"Soldier! Behave!"

James grinned. Casually, he threaded his fingers with Natalia's. She sighed. "Must I hold your left hand? I do prefer your skin over metal. It's much warmer."

"You're Russian, Widow, you should be accustomed to the cold."

"Don't stereotype, Soldier." She stayed on his left for a few more seconds before clicking her tongue and moving to his right, where she took hold of his hand and even went to rest her head against his arm. "This is the closest we will ever come to a date."

"How sad. Target at two o'clock."

Natalia sighed before glancing in that direction while James made no movement towards their target. "Guess the date's over, then."

"Come along, Widow, I've found my vantage spot. I'll be watching you."

Natalia heaved a tired sigh. "I was just starting to enjoy it," she said, walking in the opposite direction.

Neither let go, and both jerked back after a few steps. "Oh, this isn't goodbye, Soldier. We'll still have a day before freezing."

"You're holding on to me, Widow. You're acting as if this is the last time we'll work together," he teased. He glanced over her head. "Your target is escaping."

Natalia cursed and let go of James to pursue the target. James climbed through the unfinished building and settle behind his rifle, watching Natalia's back.

~~|2016|~~

Natasha hid and watched Bucky slowly come to, his metal arm trapped in an industrial vice. Steve watched through a gap as a chopper flew over the warehouse. Sam watched Bucky.

"Hey, Cap!" Sam called as soon as he noticed Bucky wake.

"Steve," Bucky said when the Captain came to stand in front of him.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."

"Can't read that in a museum," Steve said with a nod.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?"