Dont be so quick to anger

Start from the beginning

"She asked me why I wouldn't spend time with you guys... w-why I was so focused with work... and I yelled at her..."

Nellie looked at him and shook her head. "God Mr. T... she only wanted to know because she was concerned about you." She said softly but with a hint of sternness in her voice.

Sweeney could only nod as a few more tears fell down his cheeks. He just wanted to hold his girl and tell her how sorry he was for letting his anger out.

"You need to apologize to her, dearie." She said before kissing his temple. Sweeney's eyes were now red and swollen, his hands holding his wife's.

You know Sweeney as a very tough man, with a hard shell that is hard to break. But with his two girls, that shell could be broken pretty easily.

"You're right. I need to talk to her. But what if she hates me?" She asked quietly, barely above a whisper. He prayed to god that Melanie didn't hate him because he let his temper get the best of him.

Nellie shook her head before kissing his temple again. "She doesn't hate you, love. But she deserves an explanation as to why you yelled at her." She said before gently cupping his face in her hands. He placed his hands over hers and rested his forehead against hers.

"And after that, you need to get some sleep. No ifs, ands or buts." She said sternly, but with a hint of playfulness.

Sweeney gave a slight smile and nodded. "I will my love." He said before kissing her softly. He then stood up with his wife before they walked downstairs.

Sweeney walked to his daughters bedroom and, when he heard her crying, his heart shattered even more. If it already wasn't shattered enough.

He slowly opened the door and saw Melanie curled up in a ball, her face buried in the pillow. He could hear her quiet cries and it hurt him so much.

He walked towards her, being careful not to scare her like he did a few minutes ago. He sat down on the edge of the bed, which caused her to pick her head up and look at him. Her eyes were completely red and swollen, tears and mascara staining her cheeks.

Sweeney felt his own eyes water again as he gently took her hand in hers... and was surprised when she didn't take it back. He thought she hated him. He gently held her hand with both of his hands.

"I-i am so sorry for yelling at you sweetheart. I shouldn't have let my anger get like that. You must hate me." He said as tears began to make its way down his cheeks once again. She looked up at him, her hand gently squeezing his.

She didn't hate him at all. That was far from the truth.

"P-papa... I don't hate you. I was just concerned because you haven't been spending time with us. I wanted to see if you were okay" she said as she sat up.

Sweeney looked at her and rubbed her hand with his thumb. "To be honest, I haven't been okay. I've been too stressed with work and I haven't been sleeping." He said as he looked down.

She looked at him, still holding his hand. "You need to get some rest, papa. It's not healthy for you if you don't sleep." She gently kissed her fathers cheek before hugging him.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple, holding her close to his chest. He rocked her slowly as she buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"I know my love. And I will. I promise." He said before holding her in his arms for what seemed like forever. After a few minutes, she rubbed her eyes, feeling tired  from crying. So did Sweeney.

But he didn't feel tired from just crying. He felt exhausted from lack of sleep, which was pretty obvious. She looked at him tiredly which he noticed.

"Why don't you sleep a little bit love?" He suggested softly as he moved her hair out of her face. She laid down in bed and curled up in a ball, still holding his hand.

"Will you stay with me?" She asked, and he nodded, laying down beside her. "Of course, my dear." He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close and she snuggled against his side.

"I love you papa. So much" she said before she slowly drifted off to sleep in his embrace, listening to his heartbeat. He looked down at his daughter and gently stroked her temple with his thumb before kissing her forehead.

"I love you too baby girl. With all my heart." Within moments, he fell asleep in as well, resting his cheek on top of her head.

When Nellie didn't see Sweeney walk into the kitchen, she hoped everything was alright. She set down her rag, since she had been cleaning and putting everything away, and walked down the hallway.

"Sweeney? Melanie?" She called out as she rubbed her hands together a moment before walking to Melanie's bedroom. What she saw melted her heart.

Melanie was curled up in her fathers arms, her head against his chest and her arm draped over his stomach. He had one arm around her, the other one above his head.

Mrs Lovett smiled as she quietly walked towards the bed and silently unzipped her boots and set them on the chair by the foot of the bed.

She walked towards her two sweethearts before silently taking off their shoes and setting them down. There was a big fluffy blanket on the foot of the bed and she grabbed it before putting it over both of them. She slid in beside Melanie, getting under the blanket and pet her hair a moment.

She was so happy they made up. She kissed the back of her head before resting her head against the pillow and rested a hand on her side.

"I love you both my darlings." She whispered before falling asleep, next to the two people that meant the world to her.

And now finally, Sweeney was getting the sleep he needed so badly. And cuddling with his two girls.