Chapter Seven

(A/N- Sorry I've not updated in aaages! Honestly, I've not been in a very good head space lately, but that's no excuse. I'm really not happy with this chapter but please comment/vote/share/follow etc., etc., it means a lot to me!

-CH xx)

Song: Vincent (Starry, Starry, Night) -Don Mclean. (This is such a beautiful song)

Dedication: To everyone for reading this! I really, truly, appreciate every single one of you!

Chapter 7

Sherlock's POV

"Yes, alright, bye." I was finally able to hang up on my boasting older brother. He and Gavin had adopted a child. 'Good luck to the kid,' I thought to myself.

I looked at John, seeing he was watching me expectantly, waiting for me to tell him what that tedious phone call was all about.

"Mycroft and Gavin have adopted a beautiful little boy called Ollie," I announced nonchalantly, rolling my eyes.

"...It's Greg, and that's fantastic!" John exclaimed.

I sighed and slumped back in my seat. "Yes, I suppose so."

We were leaving Auckland, on our way to Rotorua, a city well known for its natural, thermal springs. We had a small holiday home there in the countryside, with its own hot pool. It cost a fortune, but since I had nicked Mycroft's credit card (as I usually did whenever he annoyed me... Which was always) I could afford it... Or, well he could.

I must say I was sort of envious of my elder brother. I wanted to have a child with John. We could call him Hamish and he could have my height and John's dirty blonde hair. He could have my intellect and John's compassion. Though of course we'd have to adopt so he wouldn't have inherited anything from either of us, which was a pity. Maybe I could run a few tests, try inject our DNA into his body so he gained our genes.

"Sherlock, you realise you said all of that out loud, right? And I must admit I am bloody terrified. But despite all that, I want a child with you too. Not sure about calling him Hamish though."

"Why not?" I frowned.

"That's my middle name and I hate it. We could call him William Scott."

"NO!" I said a bit too fast.

John chuckled. "See what I mean?"

"I guess so," I replied with a laugh.

The journey to Rotorua was long yet enjoyable. John made me play 'I Spy' with him, before giving up when he realised I could guess his ideas instantaneously.

Billy was driving us. Again. Revising the decision to allow him to be our driver, it was a stupid choice. The imbecile was so jumped up on opium half the time he was a major health hazard. I supposed it was better than having some maniac threatening to kidnap my husband though. Who cared if Billy crashed into a few cars, killed a few pedestrians? It hadn't happened yet, fortunately, but I would rather it be some other Neanderthal and not my John.

Billy pulled the car to a harsh stop, and if it weren't for our seat belts, John and I would've gone lurching forward. Point proven.

"Bloody hell! What are you doing, mate?" John asked, but not impolitely.

"Look out the window," Billy responded.

We wound down our windows and looked out. Dozens of sheep crowded the road, with a farmer on a quad bike behind them all, with two sheepdogs at his sides. John and I both grinned as we looked out the window at the sheep which jumped and ran either side of the car.

There was a loud chorus of bleating, and cars began to pile up behind us. The sheep were causing a traffic jam on the country roads.

After about twenty minutes, the sheep were off the road, and we were back on the move. John took off his seat-belt and crawled onto my lap. He curled his fingers in my hair and pulled lightly, knowing how arousing I found that to be. He closed his eyes, as did I, and we slowly leaned into each other, kissing slowly and sweetly. I gently bit John's lip, and he groaned into mouth.

For the rest of the journey we stayed like that, kissing and feeling, until the strong smell of sulphur hit us like a brick wall. "You can smell the sulphur, or rotten egg smell, because of the minerals in the hot pools. Because it's a small city with lots of geothermic activity, the smell is more invasive."

I tapped on the glass separator and it slowly rolled down. I whispered in Billy's ear, and he nodded, tapping some coordinates into the GPS.

We pulled up at a lake, and John and I got out. Billy went to put petrol in the car, so it was just John and I. We stood side by side, looking at the magical sight before us. It was dusk, and a few stars scattered the sky above us. A few black swans sat on the water in their grace, and geese honked overhead. Steam rose from the water, in an eerily beautiful way.

"It's amazing isn't i-" John stopped when he saw me stripping myself of my clothes. "Sherlock! What are you doing?!"

"Going for a swim. Obviously."

"You cannot be seriousmagical, isn't it?"

John hummed his agreement, before casting his gaze upwards. "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. I wish for this feeling to never go away. I wish, I wish, I wish."."

"Why not?"

"The water must be freezing! You'll catch a cold!"

I sighed impatiently. "It's a geothermic sight, John.  You can tell by the steam."

"What if it's too hot?"

"Think about it, John. If it was too hot, there'd be no swans on the water."

Before John could reply, I dove into the water, which was luke warm. I swam to the surface and flicked my hair out of my face, looking up to see John still standing on the shore, a sceptical look on his face.

"Come on, John! It's lovely!" I called out to him.

"Come on, Sherlock! Billy will be back soon!" He called back.

"I told him to take our clothes to our holiday home," I said. "Just come here."

I could hear him sigh, before he stripped off his clothes and dove into the water beside me. He rose to the surface, and I gently and lovingly moved his hair out of his face as he held onto my waist, gazing into my eyes. "Glad you could join me," I murmured, my voice thick with lust.

"So am I, now that I'm here," John replied, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. "The water is rather lovely, isn't it?"

"Told you it would be."

"No, actually, you didn't."

"Whatever," I laughed, kissing his neck. "But it is rather magical, isn't it?"

John hummed his agreement, before casting his gaze upwards. "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. I wish for this feeling to never go away. I wish, I wish, I wish."