Chapter Nine: Reveal

I wake up. Sore. The room is blindly bright. What time is it? Where am I? Looking over to my left I find that the covers have been thrown over to one side. The door is slightly ajar at then end of the room. Did Mark leave least night? I crossed my fingers that he had. But then there's a clattering noise in the bathroom. I sit up and clench the sheets up to my chest which has been dotted with hickeys.

A tired looking figure trudges out of the bathroom, hair scruffy and clothes torn. The smell of alcohol burns my nostrils. Markus towers at the doorway, breathing heavily.

"Good morning, hun..", I say with a smile.

"...Good morning?...No it's not, Taylor..stand up"

"What's wro-"

"Stand. Up."

I rise from the covers, stark naked. Mark slowly walks over to me.

"I realised something last night"

"What was it?"

"Well. You weren't at a business thing with anyone, now we're you? Oh, no. You were with Ella the other day. And I was stupid enough, not realising the obvious...and letting you go!"

I'm slapped across the face. The force is so hard I'm thrown to one side.

"Now, being your boyfriend, it's my duty to look after you!"

Strong hands push me into the wall. A lamp falls and smashes around me.

"But I've failed you, haven't I? Not being watchful and letting you make all of these mistakes!"

His shoe is about to swing at my stomach but I stop him and hold up my hands.

"Not there!", I beg, "Please, not there!"

"Ohh, does Taylor fear for her motherhood?". He bends down so he's face to face with me. I'm sobbing and shaking. "Does Taylor want kids?...Does Taylor want to be a mommy?", he asks, pouting comically.

"...Yes", I squeak.

He stands up. His eyes narrow in disapproval. His breathing is still thick, still heavy.

"Too bad", he whispers.

Pain strikes at my lower stomach. There's a crash..and Markus collapses. Ella stands with a now broken lamp in her hands. She's scrambling over to me and shaking me. Aimee is dragging Marks unconscious body out of the room. I can't hear anything for some reason. Ella's wide eyed and tearful, sending words into space as she yells at me. I can't move.

Darkness

***

My eyes flutter open. I scan the room and find..

"...Ell?"

"Hey, babe", she smiles and hugs me. We're in her bed. And I'm clothed. Better yet, her clothes. I squirm closer to her and wrap myself around her body. She gladly returns the warmth.

"You got out today?", I ask.

"Yeah, I just have to be careful and stuff. I'm still in the brace thing. But it's you I'm worrying about right now"

She strokes at my hair.

"Is...he gone?"

"Yeah, Tay. He's gone"

"...I was so scared", I whisper.

"You must've been. But you were so so brave, too", Ella says.

"I never want to see him again"

"Good", she says.

Ella brings my head up and kisses me. I kiss her back. She's so gentle. I missed gentle. I had so many more questions about what just happened to me but I don't want to ask right now. I'm kissed on the neck. I'm kissed at my cheek. I'm kissed at my chest. Ellas soft hands caressing me and her hair tickling my skin. I want her...but this is wrong. This is so wrong.