Chapter 2: New Friends, Old Tricks

After about an hour or so, Raven had fallen fast asleep, comforted by Charles' warm embrace, they had been good friends ever since Charles was little, he would never forget the night he first found his mutant friend, it was the beginning of something special, a discovery, of a new generation of beings with extraordinary powers an abilities, yet to be found. Erik had discovered his powers through a series of pain and anger, making him the way he is today, hated and lost, longing for a purpose. Having walked a good hour or so through the busy town, Erik found himself on the outskirts, overlooking a grand mansion in the distance, a mile or so away, pushing away tree branches and bush thorns, Lehnsherr made his way out onto the open field, almost stumbling out of the greenery. Spotting to hostile figures in the distance, Erik was immediately alert, wondering why someone else was out here, possibly the owner of the large house? Waking closer and closer, Erik was able to make out the figures only barely, one of them appearing to take a suspicious, blue form. Charles was almost asleep himself, comforted also but Raven's company, and the light wave the breeze held, brushing past his pale cheeks, he turned his head only slightly to the right, on the edge of the grassy fields was a single figure, rather lanky and prominent, but seeming to be frustrated, curious and alone. Gently nudging his blue friend, Charles whispered in Raven's ear, not wanting to startle her. "Who's that?" He spoke as he poked the female'a side, Raven offered a light giggle, opening her piercing, yellow humes, staring up at Charles with confusion, offering a lazy "Hm?" as a response. The Professor pointed discreetly to the approaching figure who had now seemed to cover almost half the field in a matter of minutes, only at walking pace, Raven glanced over to the figure, following Charles' confused gaze, she then managed to internally wake herself and offer a near-accurate response. "Hm.. I'm not sure.. Why would someone be out here? It is in the middle of no where.." The pair immediately rose to their feet, Erik and Charles' gaze meeting for the first time, Raven quickly altered to her blonde, pale, human form, unaware that her cover had already been blown. Erik was now face to face with the pair, coming to a half right in front of them, a look of sheer confusion and mild shock on his face, he then glanced to Raven who had now impossibly changed her form. "How did you do that?" Erik's voice was rather low an muscular, rather bold but bland, Raven blinked and looked to Charles, both of them unsure what to do or say, thinking that Erik was a human, they could not expose the self anymore than they already had. "Do.. What?" Raven decided to play dumb, acting as if she had no idea of any physical change to herself, Erik on the other hand was not convinced, giving her a bewildered expression before speaking again in his husky tone. "You changed, I saw you, how did you do that?" Charles was looking between the two, thinking it was best if he discreetly spoke to Erik, moving two fingers to his temple, Charles stared at the opposing man for a second, entering his mind, communicating with his central nervous system, so that he was able to speak inside Erik's head. "Right, Erik, calm down, I know this is strange for you but you need to remain calm, we are mutants, outcasts, just like you, as I have recently discovered, you are mutant as well, and your not on your own, I promise you." Erik suddenly flicked at the subconscious voice in his head, but listened just long enough to hear him clearly, he then looked to Charles in a more confused state, before replying to his earlier query. "I.. Thought I was alone." He glanced back to Raven who had now altered to her true, blue form, after discovering Charles' communication, feeling safe enough to reveal herself. Charles then looked back to Erik, his fingers sliding off his face. "Your not alone, Erik, trust me, your not alone." And with that, The Professor extended a guiding arm towards the mansion, welcoming the newest member, to the sacred halls.