A tear rolled down Arnav's cheek... He still kept looking at the sky with his fingers in his either pockets...

After a while, Arnav entered his room and saw that Khushi was still not in the room... He moved towards the prayer hall again and saw Khushi who leaned at Devi Maiya's feet and slept... He was about to step inside but then, he stopped... He removed his footwear and then entered inside... He bent down and observed Khushi's features... He gently tucked her hair strands behind her ear and admired her for a while... He then, lifted her in his arms and moved out of the prayer hall... Feeling someone holding her in air, Khushi opened her eyes and saw Arnav carrying her in his arms... She started struggling...

Khushi: Arnavji, leave me... I can walk... Just leave me...

Arnav: I know that you could walk, Khushi... but... (he stopped)

Khushi(pulling her eyebrows together): but what??

Arnav: nothing... (he said)

By this time, Arnav almost reached their room.. He placed Khushi on the bed and asked her to sleep...

Arnav: now sleep...

Khushi just stared at his face angrily instead of sleeping...

Arnav: don't look at me like that... I know I am handsome...

Khushi: I am not admiring you...

Arnav: then...?

Khushi: I was thinking how happy I would be, after these three months... I don't have to see your face then...

Arnav gulped hearing her words... Now he understood how she might have felt after hearing all those hurtful words from him everytime...

Arnav moved aside, acting to read a file while Khushi laid on the bed... As soon as Khushi closed her eyes, Arnav closed his file and started admiring his wife again... He slowly moved towards her and placed a kiss on her forehead...

Arnav: I am sorry, Khushi... I hope, I never accused you and treated you ill...

Saying that with heavy heart, he moved towards his recliner and laid on it after switching off the lights... A lone tear escaped Khushi's eyes... It's true... Love is not always Sweet... It's painful too... like the way she was feeling now...

***

Next day:

Khushi was working in the kitchen as usual... She saw Shyam watching her shamelessly and turned to warn him immediately...

Khushi: you need something, jeejaji??? (she asked sarcastically)

Shyam: yes Khushiji... You know what I want...

Khushi turned around and continued her work without bothering about Shyam... She couldn't throw stones at the same dog which had no shame to return to her always... She got fed up with him... Wish she could tell about him to Anjali...

Shyam: what happened, Khushiji?? You don't know what I want?? I want you...

Khushi looked at him with shocked eyes while Shyam continued with a smile...

Shyam: yes Khushiji... I said it already and I will say it again for you... I love you, Khushiji and I want you in my life...

There was a hard slap on his cheek immediately... Shyam lifted his head in anger and looked at Khushi...

Khushi: one more time, you take out my name from your filthy mouth, I won't hesitate even to kill you..

Shyam instantly held her through shoulders... His strong grip on her was painful and Khushi struggled to get out of his hold...