cradle me in your arms

i miss the way you'd touch me. under the rose colored sky, lit by the stars that determine night changing into day. and the way you'd kiss me. gentle and soft, your lips grazed against mine. or the way you'd call me baby, like i was yours, and you were mine. but that was in an ideal world. instead, im sitting here with liquor filling the brim of a glass, while you are on your way home from things i used to do with you. and i tried to call you plenty of times. but you told me you were driving when you called me back. and i was drunk and you weren't. and i was crying but you were happy until you got my call. and you and i were perfect but we're both broken.

i miss the way we wasted time, on the steps behind your house, listening to music quietly over a cigarette while our whole world was asleep. now we sleep alone, and you stopped smoking, but i have an addictive personality, so my addiction to everything including you is out of my control. just like my emotions and yours are out of touch. if we hold hands again, will our love come flooding back, like a monsoon after a long drought? and if you put your hands on my waist once more, could our problems dissolve into each other's like they used to, and could we talk about nothing for hours again, or am i just imagining?