Chapter 1: School Of Assassins

" I'm here, and I'm going to protect you," Talbert assured holding a small child in hand. The small child was named Ezra which meant helper something she wasn't doing at the moment. "Please, go to sleep you'll wake the whole academy," Talbert groaned rocking the baby. she was small, vulnerable, but mostly fussy and very much a loud crier.

"Graciously shut the child up or I will.." Tabithia who was the headmaster of White Winter Academy stated snatching the child from Talbert's arms. "She may be in your custody, but she is not a child, it is a weapon!" since the moment Ezra arrived she had been trouble even at the tender age of 4 months. Ezra fixed her teething mouth and took a bite of Tabithia's arm causing Talbert to catch the infant in midair. "Children are gifts, not an It!" he glared pushing her out the door.

"Ezra!" Talbert shouted at the five-year-old girl who was running rapidly around the academy halls."Morning Mrs. Huffington!" Ezra said as the regal short blonde hair English woman moved only to the side letting the young child roam freely. "Ah yes, salutations to you too." although the woman would never say it Ezra was a menace but a loveable one.

"Ciao Ezra!" a young girl with brown frizzy hair said. Her name was Sabella Vanalini she was a student of Mrs. Huffington the academy of spies.

"Hi... Sabella, you look pretty."

"There you are! do forgive me, Juliana it seems Sparrow lost her wings and needs to fly back." taking the small child by her arm gently. "What were you thinking!" he scolded heading back to his classroom. "You have some nerve talking to her." Ezra didn't know what she did wrong or what exactly was wrong.

"I only said Hi." her head hung low while she kept walking, "she said hi back so don't blame me?" the pitch of her voice higher as she raised her arms and shrugged" just being nice." Talbert knew he wasn't supposed to care as much for students besides Tabithia had drilled in him so much that the children were weapons not something to care for, but her big round brown eyes drew him in.

"Sparrow. You are extraordinary and extraordinary people do not associate with the spy academy." his tone sharp like a knife. "Do you understand."

Ezra examed the hallway around her she could feel a harsh brisk cold almost like an oncoming blizzard walk towards her direction she knew that it was Tabithia and Tabithia only. "TALBERT MARQUIS ." the equivalent to a screaming banshee shouted, "My office! now."Talbert at that moment felt hopeless the pit of his stomaching churned, and he felt feverish "Ezra you stay here." He whispered, "Right here or else.." the tone of his voice was unheard of to Ezra maybe even horrifying to her. She had never seen Talbert that way before instead of nurturing he became this awful creature inside the power that Ezra wanted to have.

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN!" Tabithia snapped at him making the young grey-haired man a bit nervous. Tabithia had the habit of being short-tempered, she also had the habit of making people and things disappear without a trace, and he didn't want to be next. "You know why you're in here our best assassin besides you and myself failed his mission."

Talbert stared around the office a bit focusing on the artifacts and pictures of his journies with her as well as "Blue... you sent him to die!" his body across the desk that was dividing them both let alone him from choking the life out of her. "You sent Haruko over to Egypt to die, and you knew there was a cult waiting there to kill him didn't you.." the words causing a lump in his throat everything he had ever loved had vanished slipped under his fingers because of her the only woman he had trusted.

"Nasir calm down." Tabithia laughed "Why would I kill blue what power could he have given me with his cheap little life hmm." her hand on the tip of his chin making him stare at her. Her eyes were as vicious as a snake, and her smirk was as truthful as the devil himself. "Ashes to Ashes dust to dust right?" a new air around White Winter Academy had been made "Grieve fast we start classes soon chin up Talbert."

"You don't get to tell me how I grieve!" His switchblade at her neck."You don't get to control me. I control me !" his eyes a furious look in the way a lion would hunt his prey.

"Leave.. but if you want him back, you have to Train Ezra to be as cold-blooded as she can teach her to kill, and destroy then you'll get your Haruko back." she grimaced.

"We have a deal.."

"What are you doing up here?" David who was a student of the Academy of charmers asked years had passed, and Ezra was now a twelve-year-old scoundrel and cold-hearted misfit. "No one sits with Talbert's pupils. " Ezra laughed patting a seat next to her in the tent.

"Where did you get this stuff?"

"Stole it from Sabella who stole it from Carlos." she shrugged "Hotdog?" she handed one to the blonde haired boy, "Ricardo snuck out again got them from someplace named Mcdonalds."

"Ricardo snuck out!" David said in shock. "Did he get caught?"

"supposedly got the memory wiper from banshee brains Tabithia." rolling her eye's cracking a can of soda "You ever wonder what it's like out there in the world ?" Ezra sighed looking up at the stars.

"Not really we're safe here." David rolled his eyes "No .. we're not escaping." he knew that look in Ezra's eye's it meant trouble and he didn't like it.

"Just this once please... " those wide eyes finally getting to him.

"I hate when you do that!" he pouted.

"You're the best friend I ever had!"

"I'm your only friend," he grumbled

"Touche!"

"Help me lift this window !" Ezra shouted the weight of it on her shoulders hard to bare. "Help me or no more hotdogs you rock head!" her legs wobbling. The garden room was old and rusty it smelt of dead plants and Mr. Bocardbi's sweat socks. "Sorry.. " David gave her a boost from the window before joining her outside. The grass beneath her toes felt warm and mushy. "We made it!" Ezra shouted spinning David around " those are real tree's and ."

"Hey,  shouldn't you two be sleep or something schools orders?" Emiko was part of the senior society of Winter Academy which meant she not only was able to attend mission with the professors, but she had seniority above the students especially ove...

"Hey, shouldn't you two be sleep or something schools orders?" Emiko was part of the senior society of Winter Academy which meant she not only was able to attend mission with the professors, but she had seniority above the students especially over the school of assassins. "Hello... answer me, am I talking to myself ?" the 18-year-old grumbled looking at the two 12-year-olds.

"Sorry, Emiko it won't happen again, "David said running off back into the snowy castle. "And what about you ya little runt?" noticing that Ezra wasn't scared of her.

"Sparrow chapter 4346." showing her the sparrow tattoo on her wrist. It was a tradition that each assassin who clearly showed such rigor in their growth earned their code name. "You are Blaze also know as The Dragon of chapter 3464 I want you to train me!" Ezra growled.

"If I say no you lint sucker.." Emiko pressed her sword gently to Ezra's neck.

"Then I'll expose you on how many tests you cheated on." Her smaller blade pressed a bit harsher against the older girls throat " Try me, I don't think you'll like it."

"We start tomorrow the third tomorrow 4 in the morning kid, but mess up, and I will kill you."

"You need someone to take over when you graduate, and it's gonna be me.." Ezra laughed as she walked away. "You'll see you'll all see!" she roamed off.