1

James Patrick

You know, a lot of people ask me, "what's it like to have an NHL player as a dad?" I never know what to say, I've never known anything else. My grandfather, great uncle, who I'm named after, and my dad are all past players. It's a lot to live up to, though I'm not worried, but I'm tired of the questions.

I jumped into my car, which I got recently for my sixteenth birthday. My parents originally got Ashley and I a white Jeep to share, which we were very grateful for. After a month or two they got tired of the constant bickering over who gets to drive and caved in, buying me a black one and leaving the white one for Ash. We're spoiled, I know.

I made the short drive from the rink back home, pulling into the driveway, typing the code in for the gates to open.

"Hey, asshole, don't take my spot this time," Ash shouted at me from her car, pulling out as I drove in.

Much to our parents' dismay, Ash and I took off the doors of our cars to celebrate the warm weather finally setting in. It looked sick and it picked up chicks. I mean, I'm a babe already, I don't have any issues with picking up chicks.

I noticed one of Ashley's best friends, Colby, patiently sitting in the passenger seat of her car. I've had a little bit of a crush on Colby since she started coming around when we were in seventh grade, but Ashley would break my knees if I ever made a move on her. Girlfriends are for benders, anyway.

I walked into the house, my keys swinging in my fingers, immediately hearing Loryn crying. Sometimes, I really wish my parents could stop relentlessly fucking each other's brains out for like five seconds, there's already way too many kids in this house.

"James?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I yelled back, pulling down my bag and hanging my keys on the hook.

"How was practice?"

"It was good. I think I pulled a muscle on my leg but I'll be fine," I responded, walking into the kitchen and trying a piece of the steak she was cooking.

"Make sure you stretch out before practice, don't want to tear your ACL," She warned, bouncing Travis who was fussing in her arms.

"Do you want me to take him?" I asked, putting my arms out. I received a relieved nod and he was placed into my arms, "Hey there, little guy."

I honestly couldn't believe a baby could be this tiny. He was smaller than the length of my arm, only being just over a month old. I still can't believe my parents are still going at it that hard at forty.

Ashley Patrick

"Your brother is so hot," Colby gushed from next to me as we pulled out of my driveway.

I've gotten used to the constant praise that James gets. He's on track to draft first round, just like my dad did, and almost every girl that I've hung out with drop their panties the second they see him.

He was blessed with my dad's blue eye genes, whereas I was left with plain brown eyes, like my mom. Obviously, my mom is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, but I've always wished for blue eyes. He's got kind of curly, brown hair, which the girls go absolutely crazy for. Just as if he didn't already get all of the good genes, he also has to ability to gain a six pack after doing five sit ups.