1. Echoes Of Home

Trisha's POV:

The pounding bass of the club's music reverberated in my ears, mingling with Jenny's voice as she shouted above the din. "She's beautiful, though!"

I winced, trying to make myself heard over the cacophony. "God, why are you shouting?" I muttered, feeling a headache coming on. "And yes, she's perfect for him. Loving, supportive, caring. What more could a guy want? They're the perfect couple."

Despite my efforts to keep our conversation private, I found myself raising my voice as well. The club was hardly conducive for a meaning meaningful conversation.

"Aren't you feeling jealous, Ishy?" Jenny arched an eyebrow, a sly grin playing on her lips. "She's quite the catch." 

I rolled my eyes, frustration bubbling beneath the surface. "Are you out of your mind? Why would I be jealous? We're friends, Jenny. You know that, right?" I attempted to maintain a pleasant tone, masking the turmoil swirling inside me.

"So you're fine if Adhish is dating someone?" Jenny's gaze bore into me, her eyes narrowed.

"Didn't I just say that?" I shrugged, tension knotting my shoulders. "He's my best friend, practically family. I'd be thrilled if he found someone who truly cares about him." 

I forced a tight-lipped smile, concealing the turmoil churning within me.

 Adhish's happiness is paramount to me. Isn't that obvious how important he is to me?But let me tell you about Adhish. Well, Adhish Armaan, the hottest guy in our college. A real playboy. Son of a rich!

I vividly remember our first encounter on my freshman year, his senior year.

Three years back:

"Mom, relax. I'm not a little girl anymore. It's just the first day of college, not a survival mission," I reassured her while stuffing my books into my bag.

"I know you're not a little girl anymore, but you'll always be my little one. Just be careful, okay? Stay away from troublemakers and don't fall victim to ragging. Call the college office and speak to Uncle-" 

I cut her off mid-sentence. "Okay, mom. Can I go now? I'm already late. And trust me, I'll be fine," I sighed impatiently, eager to leave. "You don't have to worry."

"Trisha Sen! Don't argue with your mother. I know what's best for you."

And that's how our conversation always ended. Same old story. Tears pricked my eyes, but I hastily wiped them away.

"Right," I whispered, my voice barely audible. "I'll leave now. Love you, mom."

"Take care, dear. Love you too," she replied, her tone devoid of emotion.

I wanted to talk to my little sister, but I was on the verge of tears, so I just left without a word.

Parents don't always understand, but it doesn't mean they don't love you. 

I hailed a taxi and rushed to college. 

The bustling energy of the college campus greeted me as I hurried through the gates, my heart racing with a mixture of anticipation and nervousness. The first day of college always brought a flurry of emotions, from excitement to trepidation, and I was no exception. With my bag slung over my shoulder and my mind buzzing with thoughts of new beginnings, I made my way across the crowded courtyard, eager to find my first class.

But my haste proved to be my undoing as I rounded a corner and collided with something solid, the impact sending a jolt of surprise through my body. With a startled gasp, I felt my grip loosen on my water bottle, it landed on the ground, a small puddle forming around it as droplets of water splattered onto the pavement.