Chapter 1

(A/N: Pls forget about the subtitles in the Image above ^)

(Doctors Office)

In a doctors examination room for quirks there sits a four-year-old boy with dark green hair with bright highlights, his eyes are a beautiful emerald colour, and his face is adorned with cute freckles. The boy has been waiting for this very moment ever since his best friend developed his quirk but given that, tomorrow is his fifth birthday, his mother brought the boy to the quirk specialist to identify why her child had not developed his quirk yet or maybe the boy has some kind of hidden quirk which if not yet identifiable or attainable for the child. 

The boy's name is Izuku Midoriya and he is currently sitting next to his mother Inko Midoriya waiting for the results of the test. Little Izuku was excited to find out what quirk he might get, he might get his fathers quirk or his mothers quirk, or maybe a combination of the two, but the anticipation was killing him. However, all of it ended when the doctor said one sentence that shattered the poor boy's heart.

Doctor: Sorry kid... but it looks like you won't be getting a quirk. *The doctor said painfully.*

Even though the doctor had diagnosed countless others throughout his career as a doctor, it was always difficult for him to break the news to those who are diagnosed as quirkless. For one it was quite rare and two he often sees these particular patients leave the hospital sad some even crying. The nurse gave the boy a sympathetic look knowing that the life of a quirkless person is a tough one, and this is based on her own experience.

Sometimes the doctor even got sued for destressing the mental stability of a child and/or for the cause of a quirklessly diagnosed patient of his committing suicide due to being bullied for being diagnosed as quirkless. Though the doctor could not blame them for taking their anger out on him, heck he himself would have done the same if he had lost a loved one. But it is still difficult to break the news to an unsuspecting child who was expecting to be apart of the quirk society especially when both parents have quirks. The nurse just stared at the floor finding it more interesting than having to look at the small family.

Inko was shocked to hear that her child did not have the ability to manifest a quirk, it didn't help when her happy bubbly child had suddenly stopped functioning altogether staring blankly at the doctor in disbelief. Inko was about to ask the doctor something, but Izuku had beaten her to it.

Izuku: Why am I unable to gain a quirk? *Questioned Izuku still staring at the doctor making him uncomfortable in his gaze.*

Doctor: W-Well... this x-ray of your foot shows that... you have an extra joint in your foot. *replied the doctor hesitantly.*

Izuku: What does that have to do with me not having a quirk? *Questioned Izuku again still gazing at the doctor as if he is staring at the man's soul rather than the man himself with his large emerald owllike eyes.*

Doctor: N-N-Normally... People with quirks... don't have this extra joint... due to the evolution of quirks... but the research... about this... is still... not yet... fully explored. *the doctor replied uncomfortably being stared at really hard by the boy, who had not blinked ever since he had told the boy the bad news.*

Inko was equally as uncomfortable seeing her child act like this, as she wondered quietly if her son had lost his sanity. The nurse had just picked up her head to see the child staring at the doctor hard after she wondered why the child asked these questions through a monotoned voice.

Izuku: Mr Doctor... Do you think I can be a hero... even without a quirk? *Izuku asked still not removing his gaze at the doctor.*

Inko now looked at her son worried, because she knew how important being a hero was to Izuku, now seeing him act so out of character worried her. The nurse had a pained expression dawning her face as she awaited a set of words that would cripple someone mentally.