"Alright, Lex, it's a pleasure to see you again."

Nice to see you again too Elijah.

"Oh hello, I'm Jenna, you are?" Aunt Jenna says, walking up.

"Hello Ms, my name is Elijah Smith. I'm in town doing research on Mystic Falls. Mayor Lockwood said you could help me with that." He explains using his natural charm.

"Oh, of course, come in Mr. Smith."

Elijah steps in the house, flashing me a brief smirk. "Please, call me Elijah, I insist."

"Alright Elijah, I have some stuff that can help you. There in the closet, I'll go get them." Aunt Jenna says before walking off.

"You're awfully calm around an original vampire, " Elijah notes.

I'm not afraid of death and you said something about helping to heal me?
I reply.

"Indeed I do, so I give you my word no harm shall come to you as long as I'm around."

Much appreciated Elijah. Perhaps you can explain the world of the supernatural?
I question.

"Certainly, " Elijah nods.

I lead him to the living room and Elijah proceeds to explain to me the world of the supernatural while Jenna is busy. He explains how vampires were created. How he is an original vampire and how he can not be killed unless a white oak stake is used.

How a dagger dipped in the ash of a white oak stake can out him to sleep. He explains what a vampire and werewolf is capable of. I tell him of my time with the Cullens and why I left Forks. Despite not knowing him for long I feel like I can trust him.

He explains the difference between the cold ones and the nightwalkers. It's a lot to take in, that's for sure. Apparently, the Volturi, leaders of the cold ones, vampire royalty, are afraid of the Original family which is why they keep their distance. Nightwalkers and cold ones tend not to get along.

By the time he is done explaining Jenna is almost done. Elijah and I walk over, standing by as she looks through stuff.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Elena asks.

"Ah, perfect timing, " Jenna says, handing Elena a box filled with papers.

"Woah, what is this stuff?" Elena asks, nearly dropping the box.

"You're moms files from the historical society, I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood. And by roped I mean very excited to participate. " Jenn says, closing the closet door and revealing Elijah and me.

Elena gasps, a deer in headlights look on her face.

"Hey, I'm Elijah." He says, smirking at the expression on her face.

It takes a lot of control not to laugh or make fun of the situation.

Jenna looks back at Elijah and smiles before taking the box and setting it down on the table, "Elijah is in town doing research on Mystic Falls."