17•Let Me Talk To You

Start from the beginning

The crew decided to stay over. Nobody wanted to leave Rai. Leah and Rita made dinner. They ended up making chicken parmigiana, some asparagus with a salad and garlic toast. Everybody was seated around the family room. I was at the dining room table eating my food.

"Full?" Leah asked concerned walking up behind

"Full?" Leah asked concerned walking up behind. "Yeah I'm good. Go sit down."

"How are you feeling now that you're home?" She asked ignoring me, she started massaging my shoulders. "I'm worried about her. She hasn't attempted this since she was twelve. I thought we were passed this. I'm concerned. I feel like I set her back." I put my fork down on my plate.

"No one person should have to carry all of what she carries and neither should you. It's not healthy. It's like a ticking time bomb, you two. All you can do is be there for her when she needs you." Leah said trying to make sense of it all.

"It's a lot." I sighed. "I can't get over this whole Adrian situation. That shit is shocking. How did I miss it?"

"I didn't suspect anything either. I feel bad about setting him up with Toni. Raina was right there. I know she felt a way about it. That was not a good future sister n law thing to do." Leah replied. "We didn't know." I said to her.

"He did kind of low key blow Toni off." She added, giggling. "Using his famous line. It was nice meeting you, but I gotta get going." I chuckled mimicking Adrian.

I glanced over at them on the couch cuddled up. He was waking up from a nap. My laughter suddenly died. I'm pissed at Adrian but my baby sister hurt me. She went behind my back. I didn't even see this coming. I had no clue.

When I went through Raina's phone, it wasn't calculated. It was buzzing. I saw it on the floor by the stairs. I grabbed it and placed it on the kitchen counter. It kept buzzing. I was like, what the hell. So thinking it could be an emergency I checked it. So that's what I did.

She had notificationsvafter notifications. It was text messages from the same number under Yep1. I wasn't born yesterday, and I'm not stupid. I thought maybe Raina probably started talking to someone and I would ask her about it when she got home.

Ok so boom. Maybe ten minutes later she got a call from the same number. I let it ring. That's when my mind started going all over the place. What if she was sneaking around with this person? I needed to go through her phone. I figured out her passcode. I went straight to the messages. I was pissed reading them. I went to the contact info so I could save the number in my phone. That's when I saw Adrian's number. I knew those digits anywhere. He had the same number since we were in high school. My skin was boiling and I knew he was coming over. So I grabbed my bottle of Hennessy and started chugging it while I waited.