"And you have limited options as well," T'Challa says. "Let her go, and maybe we can conduct in a civilized manner."

"Tempting bargain, your Highness, but no."

"Thor, is there a way to know which Loki is the real Loki?" Scott asks. Steve looks around and sees Scott is nowhere in sight. He smirks. Scott certainly knows how to use the element of surprise.

"Yea, the fake ones will let an airborne object right through it," Thor muttered.

"On it. Stall for me."

"Why [Y/N], Loki? You didn't break out until I let her in, why her?" Steve asks, trying to give Scott time.

"I was curious. Besides, I can't abduct someone who's insufferable. Gods, I'd probably give some of you back."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment," Tony says, already knowing Loki is referring to him.

"Okay, guys! The real Loki is the second to the left and I'm right above him! Do you want me to attack? I'm afraid that if I do, I'll hurt [Y/N]," Scott says.

"Anyway you can attack without hurting her?" Steve mutters.

"I'll probably be fine, I'm just paranoid. I'm super worried about [Y/N]," Scott says.

"Aren't we all?" Natasha says softly. "Go for it."

Scott enlarges as he contacts Loki's shoulder, whipping around them, trying to get him to fall over. Loki doesn't budge and uses Scott's momentum against him, knocking him to the ground. "Fools! I'm no mortal, I'm a frost giant! Your strength is insignificant compared to mine!"

"Yep, did not think of that," Scott says as he stands up. "Just hand [Y/N] over, and it'll be a heck of a lot simpler, Loki."

Loki laughs. "Certainly not. Farewell." Loki uses magic to create dozens more illusions until there are at least fifty in that room. Steve tries to keep up with the real Loki, but soon loses him in the crowd. He can't throw his shield at the Lokis in order to find the real one; it could hurt [Y/N] or another member of the team. Then suddenly, all the Lokis are gone.

"Wanda!" we hear from the hallway. Steve runs to see what's happened.

"Oh no!" he says.

•••

Wanda's POV

Wanda almost screams in pain, but the sound can't come out. She starts walking, but she isn't controlling herself. What's happening?

"That would be me, Miss Maximoff," a voice says in Wanda's mind.

Loki?

"Indeed it is."

What are you doing?

"I need a little help in my escape plan."

I'm not helping you!

"You don't have much of a choice, my dear."

Wanda tries to fight against Loki's commands, but it's in vain. "You're mine now."

What do you want?

"I need a distraction."

What are you doing?

"Oh, espionage, escape, abduction, the usual."

Are you abducting me?

"Oh, I was considering it. I considered you and Captain Rogers, but I found someone better."