- one -

- 3 year time skip - i'm so sorry they're such big time skips yikes)
(veronica is 5, zach and jordan are both 22, etc)

i woke up in the embrace of zach. veronica was in the middle of us, as it was thunderstorming outside. the flash of lightning woke us all up, well not zach. he's a very, heavy sleeper.

"mommy, i'm scared." veronica said looking outside at the pouring rain. "honey, it's okay. daddy and mommy are here keeping you safe and sound, okay?" i said running my hands through her straight hair.

she soon started to cry and there was a loud thunder bolt outside. zach soon awoke, worried about veronica. "hey- baby- what's wrong?" he asked rubbing her back. she wrapped herself around zach, as she was a daddy's girl.

he continued to rub her back, kissing her forehead. i smiled at the moment, seeing how much zach loved and cared for our girl. "how about we go sleep in your room? i'll go and sleep in your bed with you?" he suggested.

she nodded, wanting to cuddle her bear and dad in her own room. he got up and carried her to the room next to us.

as zach was gone, he got a message. probably the guys are something, i thought. i shrugged it off and continued to fall asleep. before i did, his phone went off again.

"oh my god," i mumbled grabbing his phone. i turned it on to see his lock screen. it's he and veronica at the park. i smiled at the picture, but it soon faded away as i saw the messages.

kay
you down to come over today?

kay
i'm bored

"come over today!" what does that mean? as i started to scroll more through his phone, the door opened. "hey- what's up?" he asked walking over sleepily. "someone texted you," i handing him the phone.

"oh- her- i help her with her music producing sometimes." he said texting back sleepily. i nodded and give him a kiss on his cheek, falling back on the pillow into a deep sleep.

- morning -

"kay, you can't text me in the middle of the night like that! you know- yes- okay- i'll see you later- bye," he said. "zach?" i asked rubbing my eyes. "what time is it?"

he turned off his phone quickly got back into bed. "it's 10am baby- i was just calling someone. don't worry," he said wrapping an arm around me. i snuggled into him and laid there until veronica came stumbling in.

"mommy? my uncles and aunts are here," she said yawning. "alright babe, you wanna open the door for them?" i asked smiling. she nodded and skipped to open the door. i got up and picked out some clothes to wear today.

looking through my closet, i found some loose fitting shorts and one of zach's sweatshirts. i put on deodorant and sprayed on some perfume as zach came. walking over.

"you look really good," he said smirking. i smiled and kissed his cheek, tying my hair up. i left him to find something for roni to wear.

"vee, come and change real quick babe," i called. i heard her small footsteps running up the stairs and opening the door. "o mommy! i wanna wear that!" she pointed at some shorts and white tee that said fabulous on it. i smiled and grabbed it so she could put it on.

i let her change and walked downstairs to greet everyone. zach was already down there, and he was on the phone, again. "there you are jordan!" jonah said pulling me into a hug. i smiled and hugged him tighter, enjoying his company.

"uncle jack!" veronica said running down the steps to hug him. he opened his arms so she could run into them. "i've missed you!" she said smiling, kissing his cheek. "i've missed you more precious, even though it's been less than a day since i've seen you," he chuckled.

she let go of him and said hi to her other 'uncles' and 'aunts'. "hey jack, can we talk?" i asked awkwardly. he nodded, walking to the kitchen.

"zach's been- i don't know- secretive lately. you guys are leaving for tour soon, and i don't know. i just wanna make sure there's nothing wrong with him," i said letting out everything i've been thinking.

"do you want me to talk to him?" jack asked. "no it's okay! i just needed to talk to someone. keep an eye on him please?" i asked. "of course," he said hugging me. we walked back into the living room to hang out with everyone else.

"do you guys are leaving for the 8 letters tour so soon! how do you feel?" christina asked. "amazing- i'm so excited to see the fans again," jonah said. they all nodded, agreeing.

zach finally got off the phone and sat next to me, resting his hand on my thigh. "you look a little stressed, you okay?" i asked rubbing his back. he nodded and smiled at me, regaining his attention on veronica. i had a bad feeling in my stomach, but ignored it.

after hours of being together and eating pizza, day soon turned into night. "we should all head on out now," daniel said looking outside. they nodded, getting their stuff. "zach, don't be late tomorrow. be up at 7," jonah reminded.

"i know, i know," he said laughing. "bye guys, love you," i said waving to them. they gave me huge hugs and then drove off, leaving just us at our house.

veronica yawned, and soon grew tired practicing her counting skills. "let's head to bed hun," i said kneeling down to her level. she turned off her ipad and handed it to me as she walked into her room. she put on her pajamas and crawled into bed, waiting for zach and i to tuck her in.

"goodnight munchkin," zach said kissing her cheek. i kissed her on the other cheek and whispered goodnight in her ear. "night mommy and daddy," she said grabbing her bear and turning over.

we shut her door and got ready for bed as well. "i'm exhausted," zach complained flopping onto bed. "well you need as much rest as possible, especially with tour soon," i said taking off his sweatshirt. i threw on a tee and put on some pajamas shorts.

i crawled into bed and turned off my lamp. "night z," i said kissing him. "night," he kissed back and fell asleep right after.