Prologue

Hello people, this is Theorbess540 coming in with that promised fantasy. Hope you guys will enjoy it!

Cover isn't completely accurate, main character has red hair. I don't know who to give credit to for making the cover.

Prologue, right. Here you go:

"In a hole in the ground there lived a dead body" an voice recited. I blinked back the tears as the accursed lizard-men killed my screaming sister and dumped her body in the same hole as my mother.

"That is only two, our spies counted three!" One lizard hissed "We need to kill all three. Find her!" They all scurried in different directions, running like the lizards they were.

I held back a loud sob. But they just kept coming, till I could barely stay upright. Stop this, there will be a time to grieve later. And the little ones are depending in you.

The thought gave me courage and I swallowed my grief. I started to carefully climb down the tree. How I even managed to get up the tree, I don't know. Fear does that to a person.

I stumbled north, to where a lesser known portal was hidden. A special cloak from my would-be husband wrapped tightly around me.

My fingers found their way to a small glowing rock dangling from a string. I held on to it as I trekked, unable to run properly.

There were several streams I came to, and I splashed through all of them. Not that I didn't trust my fiancé's work, but you could never be too careful.

As these words passed through my head, I heard hissing. Crap. His decoys failed, they found me. No nononononono.

Despite the dangers, I started to run. I crashed through bushes, leaving a trail they couldn't help but follow. Once I reach the portal grounds, they can't follow me. I'm so close, just over this hill.

Ducking under a low tree branch, I felt a twinge coming from my stomach. I ignore it and kept pushing forward.

The hissing grew twice as loud, and something heavy knocked me over. I let out a small cry, and twisted to land on my side.

"Oh, looked at the poor mommy, trying to protect her unborn children" someone mocked. I turned my head to look at the enemy.

Like the rest of his stupid kind, he was tall with long skinny appendages. Red little scales covered his arms, legs, and his disgusting drakkin head.

Two tall spike produced from the back of his head, and other spikes went all the way down to the tip of his short tail. With lizard hands and clawed feet, he was a force to be reckoned with. And he was just a normal soldier.

The rest caught up with us and filled the air with their laughter. Two of them picked me up and roughly dragged me over and pinned me to a tree.

The cabal's leader slithered over, and placed a claw on my barely swollen stomach. "I heard there would have been twin princes" he grinned and leaned closer "To bad they will be dead soon"

Now I snapped "Noo!" I screamed. Squirming any way possible, I lashed out at him. My foot connected with his bottom jaw.

His head snapped back. Something crunched as he fell, nearly drowned out by his grunt. "*%@&$" he swore. He held his mouth as he stood up.

"I'm going to kill you for that" he grunted. A trickle of blood rolled down his chin. "You were going to kill me anyway" I stated.

A scaly fist flashed, smacking the side of my head. I took it, rolling my head more then needed to lessen the damage. "Smart aleck" he rubbed his knuckles.

"Your right. I was going to kill you. But now it will be slow and painful. First we'll start with the children" he gave a toothy grin.

I screamed again and flailed around. Stupid dress restricted my movements and made it easy for them to pin down my legs.

The dragon inside tried to escape, but I refused to let it. Shifting while pregnant could seriously harm the infant. Or infants.

"Goodbye" the lizard-man cackled. A claw reached out and rested on my stomach. Little by little, he pushed down.

When he was about to break skin something roared loudly nearby. Leader's head disappeared in giant snap. The four holding me down were knocked aside as another creature appeared.

It was a great pink beast with two legs and wings. It roared and smashed another drakkin shifter. Then it turned to me and said "Run my daughter, I will hold them off. The guardian is waiting for you"

I nodded and started to limped up the hill. Father stood bravely, the pink color that often embarrassed him looked fierce as he fought.

The last look I got was the only full dragon shifter besides me, flaring his wings against the betrayer shifters. I turned my head from the sight.

In front of me rose a small squat building. I hurried to it and slammed the door shut right as an pain filled roar sounded out.

My eyes watered as I leaned against the door. Can't stop now, got to keep going. Chest heaving, I stood and walked farther into the room.

Glowing red eyes opened from a dark corner. "I was expecting you. Are you ready?" it rumbled. I gave a small nod, fearing that talking would cause me to break down.

"Step into the circle"

I took a small step over the carved line in the ground. The red eyes started humming, and I blacked out.

Here you go, prologue done. Hope people liked it!

VOTE

COMMENT

THANKS FOR READING!