Chapter 2

A/N: ITS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, BUT I SWEAR IT GETS BETTER. 

I spent the next week packing and finalizing everything for when I got to Bondi. Today is the day! I'm finally going to be a Bondi Lifeguard! My mom took me to the airport and after a few tears, I boarded the plane. I've never flown before, so of course I'm a bit nervous. I didn't sleep much last night, so no matter how nervous I am, I drift off to sleep.

TIME HOP TO PLANE LANDING

"M'am?"

I open my eyes to a flight attendant shaking me.

"We're going to be landing in a few minutes. Please fasten your seatbelt."

I did as she asked and it finally hit me that in just a few minutes I would be in Australia. I've seen it on Bondi Rescue and wanted to go, but never dreamed I would be here. The plane touched down, I got my carry on and walked off the plane. I grabbed my bags from baggage claim and walked to the terminal. I turned the corner to see Hoppo. I can't believe this is real. I take a deep breath and try to contain the huge smile on my face.

"Are you Addison?" He says with a grin.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you!" I shake his hand with a smile.

"Alright, so you are going to stay with Kerrbox and his mom for your traineeship. We'll drop off your stuff and then head to Bondi."

"Sounds good."

We loaded up the car and headed to my home for the next 8 months. Kerrbox and his mom were very welcoming and I can tell it's going to be nice living with them. Hoppo told me to throw on a bathing suit before we left, then we headed to Bondi.

"Okay, we are going to start out by making sure you're as fit as you need to be. We'll start with the 800 meter swim up at the pool."

We walked into the tower to see Whippet and Jake watching the beach.

"Hey mates. This is the new trainee, Addison."

They turned and gave a smile and a hello before going back to looking at the water. Hoppo headed up to the pool and after doing the swim in more than enough time, we went back to the beach.

"Okay, so you are going to do the swim, paddle, and board leg of the tryout. I'm sure you know the drill since you watch the show. You can start whenever you are ready."

Now, I'm not the most fit person, but I train regularly and have upped my training since finding out I was coming to Bondi. I completed it with ease.

"You can tell you do a lot of paddling. Your board skills are incredible."

I blushed slightly at the praise. "Thank you. I love it. I'm pretty talented on a paddle board."

"I'm going to put you with Deano in between the flags. He can help you out and show you everything we do here. Alright?"

"Yeah great! Can't wait to get started!" I said with a smile. We walked over to Deano. He greeted me with a smile and started telling me everything I needed to know about being a Bondi Lifeguard. This was turning out to be great first day.