Chapter 8

I wake in the morning and pull the sheets around me. My first day. I stretch my arms over my head as sunlight filters in through the bay windows. Fred is gone and I stand, grateful there are no neighbors around to see my naked body. I grab a sheet off the bed and grab the note he left me from his pillow. 

Lyra,

Went out to get some things. Be back soon.

Love,

Freddie

I place the note on my bedside table and walk out to the kitchen. Fred walks in moments after me with a small man following him. 

"Oh my, oh my God!" I say laughing and pulling the sheet around me. "I didn't know we were having company!"

"I am so sorry, I just noticed he had a lot of packages while I was on a run. Uhh ... enjoy the rest of your stay." he says rushing out. 

Fred closes and locks the door after him and I throw a pillow at him. "Fred!"

He laughs and sets brown paper grocery bags on the island, handing me more bags. "Clothes, I picked them out special." he winks at me and I roll my eyes. 

"Clothes ... from Victoria's Secret ... right."

The bag is filled with lingerie, bras, and underwear. In the second pink bag there are bathing suits and two cover ups. "Fred, you really did not have to buy me clothes! I have money, lots of it actually, you know that I do."

"It's your Christmas present, darling. Just a little early."

"Yeah, four whole days! And this house? God, Fred, you didn't have to go all out for nothing."

"This house was cheap. What else am I supposed to spend my money on with you gone?"

I turn on the Keurig in the corner on the counter and pull out two mugs with seashell designs. "You know that this is too much. Come on, how much was the rental money that you spent ... we can split it. I'll go to Gringotts when we get back."

"It's not a rental." he says, leaning against the counter. "I bought it."

I run my hands through my hair and stare at him. The Keurig steams water in one of the cups and the tea bag floats to the top. "You ... so this is ... why?!"

"We needed a place to get away. The States are basically all safe, we get information from the bigger cities every now and then via Potter Watch and they all say that nothing is happening. Aside from Muggles. And everyone here thinks that all of the crazy things going on overseas is just a Brit revolution. Idiots."

"So ... you bought a house. In remote Florida?"

"Don't act like you don't love it."

He grins and walks toward me, pecking me on the lips. He reaches into one of the VS bags and pulls out a black string bikini and a white crocheted cover up. "Go get dressed."

"Oh, your house and you are suddenly giving out orders?" I say wrapping my arms around his neck. The sheet falls to the floor and he pulls me in closer. 

I give him a quick kiss and grab the clothes, charging into the bathroom. He comes after me and slides his foot in the door before I can close it. 

"Sorry, I was ORDERED  to get dressed. Come back later!" 

He groans and leans in the doorway, watching me get dressed. I throw the cover up on and put my hair into braids, the curls tangling in my fingers. I give up halfway through the first one and make a mental note to grab a brush next time we go out. 

We sit on the hammock and drink our tea. He wraps his arm around my shoulders then disappears. He comes back a few minutes later with sunscreen and in pink swim shorts. 

He looks perfect.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the end of the beach, right where the water begins. A quick Accio spell and chairs, an umbrella, a small table, and a cooler filled with a bottle of a Pina Colada mixer and run appears. We sit on the beach and eat fruit salad, drink Pina Colada's, and the day flies by. 

I'm slightly burnt from the sun, my mouth is sore from the sweets, and my head is hazy from the rum. Fred all but carries from the edge of the water into the house before he attacks me with kisses. 

We shower together on the patio (who knew these things existed?) and dress quickly. I wear a white sundress that comes off the shoulders and he matches with white shorts and a lime green polo. I never knew someone could look so cute in boat shoes, especially because they are basically the sole shoe of old men.

We eat blackened fish and mango salads for dinner paired with white wine and the hazy feeling that alcohol gives me clouds my mind. Fred tucks me into bed and lays next to me. 

I turn over onto my side and rest my head on his chest, pushing the monstrous amount of hair  on my head behind my ear.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more." he says.

"You wish."