𝑣. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE

Start from the beginning

"You were drunk." Clare shrieked.

"God, are we really surprised?" Siobhan looked between the two blondes who were staring at their friend in disbelief.

"Look, we are not like Jenny Joyce. Nobody is just going to hand us things. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have things." Michelle started. Siobhan could feel the motivational speech coming on. "Come on, Clare. I know how much you have dreamed of seeing the Arc... whatever the fuck it's called."

"Arc de Triomphe."

"Yeah, that fucking thing. Thanks, Siobhan." The pink-haired girl saluted mockingly. "James, I know how much you want to practice the shit out of the past participle. Orla, you really buzz off those Renault Clio ads. Siobhan, you really just want to get out of this country for fucking once. And you, Erin, well, you are just riding Charlene Kavanagh."

Erin frowned. "I'm not riding her. I just think it might be time I moved on friendship wise."

"You are aware you're talking to your current friends." Clare hissed.

Siobhan reached over to flick Erin on the forehead, which got her a punch on the arm in retaliation.

"We can't give up on Paris. Let's do this, girls."

"And boy."

"Let's make it happen."

"I have never seen you so fired up."

"I will buck a French lad, so help me God!"

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

The next morning, after Michelle had sobered up, the girls and James had gathered in Erin's bedroom to discuss who would be getting which job. Siobhan lay upside down at the foot of the bed, her casted arm hanging slightly off beside her head and her other arm resting on James' knee.

Erin stood before them, holding a pen and notepad. "So, firstly we have the tutoring and out of everyone, I thought you might be best suited to that, Clare."

Clare shrugged. "Because I'm the brightest."

Erin pursed her lips. "In that conventional sort of way, I suppose."

Siobhan couldn't help but snort, although she agreed with Clare.

"There is also some babysitting. The child will be in bed, so you should just about be able to manage that, Michelle." Erin continued, pointing her pen at the brunette before moving it to Siobhan. "You can have the more difficult children."

Michelle smiled sarcastically and directed a middle finger at the blonde. "You should just about be able to manage this."

"Always the lady." Erin sneered.

Siobhan smirked, eyeing Erin. "I've got this handled, Erin. I'm the motherfucking boss of looking after some little shits."

"As long as you don't call them little shits." Clare shook her head, although she was fighting back a smile.

"There is also some gardening, mowing a lawn, etc." Erin listed. "This will require a bit of muscle, so you should take that one, Orla."

Siobhan noticed the little smile on James' face fall at being passed over for the more traditionally masculine job. She knew he wasn't that strong and was a bit weedy, so she wasn't surprised.

He was quick to protest. "No, I should do that one. It's a man's job, Erin. I am a man."

"That's debatable." Michelle commented.

"Michelle." Siobhan chided, although she couldn't help the slight snort that escaped her nose.

James pursed his lips. "Well, I am more of a man than Orla."