𝑣. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE

Act I Chapter V ━ Highly Flammable

MICHELLE STOLE THE FUCKING NOTICEBOARD FROM FIONNULA'S CHIPPY.

Siobhan couldn't believe this was happening. Well, actually, she could. She stood with her hand to her forehead, rubbing lightly at the skin to will away her headache brought on by the sheer stupidity of her friend.

"Fionnula was out the back cashing up. I sneaked in, yanked it off the wall and away I went." Michelle bragged, looking around at all her friends. "I was like a thief in the night."

"You were 'like' a thief in the night?!" Clare spluttered, violently demonstrating air quotes with her fingers. "You actually were a thief in the night! And you stole from Fionnula, of all people. I once saw her punch a Rottweiler, Michelle! If she finds out about this, she will kill you."

Jesus fucking Christ, Siobhan thought.

"Kill us." Michelle elaborated, putting her face close to Clare's. "You are an accessory after the fact now, my friend."

Siobhan groaned loudly, running a hand through her choppy locks. "Michelle, I can't believe you've implicated all of us in this stupid fucking plan. My da will literally papercut me to death with all these fliers."

Erin gave Siobhan a confused look at her threat before turning to Michelle. "Can I ask why you stole the noticeboard?"

"So we get first dibs on all the jobs." Michelle said as if it was obvious to them.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to just remove the notices?" James suggested, fixing Michelle with an incredulous stare. "They're only blu-tacked on."

"He's got a point, 'Chelle." Siobhan pointed to the English boy and then to her dark-haired friend.

A slight blush creeped up James' neck at the appreciation, although he could easily blame it on the cold if it was noticed. Michelle gritted her teeth and glared at the boy.

"Fuck off, dickweed!" She snapped, baring her pearly whites at him so he backed away.

Siobhan grumbled. "Michelle, stop it."

"Christ, what possessed you, Michelle?" Erin inquired, heart thudding against her ribcage. It wasn't too long ago that they were in trouble for being present when the nun died, and now they were all involved in a theft.

Michelle huffed. "Yeah, the more I talk about it and the more I sober up, the less sure I am."

Siobhan rolled her head on her neck, already having caught on that Michelle wasn't fully sober during the debacle.