an arrival

the rusty wagon wobbled along the grassy road, being driven by a tall, skinny shishtar man with messy black hair.

melvin, the valued lead-steed-donkey leads the way to a new land for the man to make a new creation.

a new creation that would change the world.

that man was the once-ler.

ever since the once-ler was a young boy, his mother always told him that he would never add up to be anything. now that the once-ler is grown and mature, he wanted to prove her wrong, and revaluate the world.

as the once-ler carried up a steep hill, he noticed a brightly colored truffle not far from the wagon.

"go up, melvin! don't stop, until we reach that patch!" the once-ler yelled to his pooch.

the melvin carried up to the top of the mound, until the once-ler stopped his noble steed in spite of himself. 

he stared over the green grass into an area of land unlike any other he'd ever seen...

trees lined the sky with beautiful colored fluff...

the shimmering lakes scattered the land,  filled with the singing fish...

tiny little bear creatures bounced along the bottoms of the tree trunks, chomping on the fruits of the large, colorful trees.

"this...

this is the place, melvin! i'm not going to leave until i change be world! i'll sell my creation to all of the people! they'll be happy, and so will i!  and i'll finally rove mom wrong, for thinking i'd never add up to anything great!"

the lean man stumbled down the hill, to the grassy land, with his donkey slowly following behind.

the once-ler stopped for a few minutes to stare at the beauty up-close.

after a while, he turned around to the back of his wagon and dig around for some kind of object.

the animals and creatures slowly surrounded him as he threw all of the items over the floor, intrigued.

before the once-ler found what he was looking for, he brought out a large bag of white fluff...

marshmellows

the animals looked up at the strange new man, who just barged into their habitat, curiously.

the once-ler opened the bag, struggling a bit.

once he popped open the bag, he picked one up by his fingertips and threw one into the crowd of small bears.

one of the bears picked it up, staring at it, until finally deciding to put it in its mouth.

the bear instantly ran up to the once-ler to beg for more of this heavenly treat, with the others following behind.

he threw the bag of marshmallows into the crowd of animals, as they devoured the treats very quickly.

as the creatures feasted on their food, the once-ler turned back to his wagon once more, to find what he was looking for.

he shuffled around in the trunk for a while until he pulled out his final pick....

an axe...