Introductions

Leila Jones was a very busy 18 year old girl. She worked online with investigative reporter Sarah Jane Smith. Who's alien super computer helped her go through the names of as many of the Doctor's earth-bound human companions as possible, and their families, for candidates for the soon-to-be revived Torchwood. She wondered if Sarah Jane bothered to tell Captain Jack what they were doing. Sarah Jane hadn't of known whether to be mad or not that Luke decided to go to college to learn to be Leila's second. She found herself to be rather proud. Even after K9 actually volunteered to help. Sarah Jane, Leila, Luke, Rani and Santiago all thought that K9 secretly hoped to see the Doctor again.

Leila had already recruited Alfred Mott...and his granddaughter Donna. After the Miracle Day incident, Donna's mind had healed. They didn't know why, they didn't know how. They just didn't question it...yet.

"I don't know why you sent me to Leadworth for a vacation, Luke," Leila sighed as she leaned against the Torchwood themed door of the townhouse that he bought for her...using found Torchwood accounts under Yvonne Hartman's name, "what can possibly be here?"

On the other end of the phone, Rory could hear the person sigh. He'd been getting the mail when their new neighbor's interesting looking cellphone rang.

"Mum was quietly hoping that you would find the Doctor there," Luke spoke after a moment, "don't know why though."

Rory grinned to himself, before he went inside. Did the Doctor know this girl? Or was she connected to someone who DID know him? Leila didn't notice that her neighbor had been there. Not until the door had closed. But, by then, it was too late to identify the person. She shrugged, gave a heavy sigh and went inside the house.

"Doctor?" Rory spoke, leaning his head in through the TARDIS' doors, "do you happen to know somebody named Luke?"

The Doctor popped up from the side stairs. His brows were furrowed and he looked a bit confused.

"Sarah Jane's son, yeah," He said carefully.

Rory jerked his head toward the house next door.

"A friend of the kid's just moved in next door," Rory told him, "she was talking to him when I brought the mail in."

...

The Doctor had been intrigued when Rory mentioned Luke. Then there was the mysterious neighbor girl. He'd been in the backyard when he heard her talking to Mr Smith about both him and Torchwood.

"His eighth was a bit Dazed and Confused happy puppy type," the girl's soft voice spoke clearly, "his ninth was angry. Justifiably so. His tenth was geeky, sexy substitute teacher that you'd like to molest in a broom closet somewhere."

"Gee, luv," Sarah Jane spoke, obviously on speaker phone, "tell us what you really think."

The girl had 'innocent plastered all over her face.

"What the man was bloody hot!!!"

The Doctor blushed at the compliment. He heard Sarah Jane laughed and felt a pang in his hearts at how he found himself missing it.

"He was, wasn't he?" Sarah Jane chuckled.

He blushed a bit again and had listened to them for the rest of the afternoon. And now, he sat under the console, with the lights of it's components as her only companion.

...

Leila sat up, laying back on a lounge chair in the backyard. She didn't even open her eyes as she grabbed a drink and held it up. She felt it taken from her hand. She looked up to see a young man with a red bow tie.

"The name is Leila, Doctor," She spoke, "my brother was Ianto Jones."