Part 2

I pulled over and wind down the passenger side window. "I'm about to change shifts, are you heading towards Woodlands?"

The girl remained silent. I blinked and took a closer look at her. Judging from her school uniform, she was probably a junior college student. I shook my head slightly. The only things teenagers were interested in nowadays were midnight parties and social media. What a waste of one's youth. 

"Do you have too much to drink just now?" I muttered and released the handbrake. "Stop acting like a ghost to scare me into letting you in. I'm not here to give free rides." 

"Wait." A faint voice wafted into my ears. Her pale face stared back at me, tears glistening in her eyes. "Please...let me in."

I stared at her again and let out a sigh. I unlocked the rear passenger door. "Do you even have any money to pay me?" 

She got into the taxi and shut the door. There was an odd serene expression on her face.

"I've been waiting for a taxi for a long time." She smiled. "You're so kind to fetch me. You'll get good luck for this."

I licked my lips and kept my gaze on the road ahead. "If good luck can come this easily, I won't be driving a taxi anymore."

Silence ensued. "Can you turn on the radio?"

"Which channel?" I asked, turning the radio on. Angela's voice boomed from the speakers again. I placed my hand on the tuning knob, intending to switch the channel. 

"Please stay on this channel...thanks."

I held the steering wheel again. The car in front started to slow down and halted. I wind down the window beside me and gazed curiously at the long line of cars in front. A traffic jam at this hour? 

"Oh, I forgot to ask." I turned around to face her. "Where are you going?" 

Her lips quivered as she met my eyes. "Bring me home. Please."