You continue listening to the conversation as you put cups away. "We'd never make it back, what you don't understand is-" rapid knocking is heard from the front door. Everyone freezes. You could feel your heart drop. Cheryl puts a hand on your shoulder before following everyone.

"Hey Tom." Lucy called after him, "We can't let anyone in." Douglas adds, "Okay! Just calm down." You walk forward, "Tom?" He looks back at you, your panicked eyes meeting his, "(y/n) stay there." "But what if it's my dad?"
"Just stay there." He told you, with a hand up. You squeezes your fingers, forced to watch from afar. "Hello?" "Yes hello?"

It was a woman's voice.

You almost broke down right there, you covered your mouth and shut your eyes. Damnit all to hell! "You are making a mistake." Douglas tried but Greg pleaded him. "Douglas." Tom covered his ear to hear better. "Yes, hello?" "Hello?" She replied, you walked closer, between Charlie and Malorie.

"My name is Olympia, I need help please." You almost started crying at her words, even if she wasn't your dad, you hoped Tom would let her in. "Don't open the goddamn-" "I'm going to open the door." Tom called to the lady

You swallowed, fear coursing through your body as you tried not to shake.

"Fuck!" Douglas cried, throwing his hands in the air. "Okay one second." You gasped as Malorie picked up the shotgun, and pointed it right at Douglas. You stared at her while Lucy called out, "Hey! Hey hey hey hey."

Douglas stood there in fear, but Malorie gestured the gun to the side. "Move." Douglas moves and Malorie looked at Tom, "Go ahead."
You bit your lip, watching from behind Malorie. Tom looked at you then at Greg. "Go get a- go get a blanket. Go get a blanket!" Grey went off and Tom looked back at the door. "There should be two lamps on either side of the door. I'm gonna hand you a blanket and I want you to drape it across the both of them. Okay?"

"Okay." Olympia replied. "Okay? I need you to block the view for me." "Cover your eyes!" You stared at Tom and he looked at you, "Malorie, cover your eyes." You then squeezed your eyes shut, and covered them with your hands.
"(Y/n), are your eyes closed?" Tom asked you urgently. You nodded your head eyebrows furrowed as you tried to listen in. "(Y/n)?" "Yes."

There was some muffled talking before you heard the door closed again, "Let me know when you have it." He called out. It felt like minutes went by before Lucy said, "Tom are you sure this is safe?" "Shut up!" Malorie yelled, "Hold on, please!"

You whimpered a little at the yelling. "Okay, it's all covered." The door opened and you squeezed your eyes shut. You could hear panting and talking before the door shut again.

"We're good." You slowly uncovered your eyes and looked over at the disheveled woman. Her curly hair was knotted and dirty. Her face was covered in dirt, and was noticeably pregnant. You watched her with wary eyes, not very sure of her. You looked over at Malorie who's eyes were steely at first glance. But she was actually scared. You could see it in the way she gripped the gun, and how she didn't blink.

"Malorie the gun." "Yeah...yeah." "Yeah before your kill someone with it since you have no idea how it works." She looked him dead in the eye before unloading all the shells, making everyone flinch.

Tense silence filled everyone, only Olympia's dying sobs could be heard. "How...there are so many of you." She looked at you and smiled a little through her tears. "You even have a kid with you." You stared at her with puffy eyes and a tight look. "So are you..um...are- are you pregnant?" Charlie stuttered out, trying not to be rude.

The last thing you saw was Olympia caressing her stomach while saying, "Yeah...October 1st." She looked up at Malorie, "What about you?" "...End of, uh.. end of September." Tom passed by you into the kitchen, you watched him pass then looked back at everyone panic.

"Wait hold on, are things till going to shit out there or what?" Felix practically yelled, Olympia nodded, "Are you on your own?" "Yeah, I am. My husband was deployed last month 'cause he's in the Air Force." She spoke with a shaky voice, probably barely holding her tears. You watched intently, your eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"I tried to make things last for as long I could um...but I was so hungry and I was afraid I would starve my baby so I didn't know what to do." Tom squeezed your shoulder before handing some water to Olympia.

Everyone continued asking her questions, she's been on her own since the beginning and was just...knocking on doors. In hopes of finding someone. "Great, now we can all starve here in the maternity ward." You started shaking again, oh god. Oh god. Oh god. We are going to die. We are all going to die.

"It just means we need to get more supplies." Malorie said, trying to calm everyone in a way. Which you were thankful for. "Of course, but we can't get anything if we can't see." Lucy said, clearly agitated.

You covered your mouth, "Oh my god we're going to die. We're going to die." You said panicked, covering your ears and staring at the floor.