Chapter 1

Tip-tap. Tip-tap.

That was the only sound heard in the cocytus of the Vatican facility. A distressed priest continued walking hastily to the Round Table Meeting Hall, where all the other members of the Vatican were.

"What is the matter, Father? You look rather pale." The priest in question steadies his breathing and starts talking. "He's coming." The members of the Vatican gasp in horror. "Surely you don't mean...?" The priest nods solemnly. "The gates of Gehenna are beginning to lose stability. Soon, the King of demons will come." "There must be a way to stabilize the gate! We have to find a way!" The current Paladin, Arthur A. Angel shouts. The priest shakes his head. "I've prayed and prayed, but the Lord has told me this is inevitable. When Venus, Mars and the moon align, the gate will open temporarily. Satan will, without a doubt, make his escape. And when he does...there is nothing we can do. The world..." The priest sighs, covering his eyes. "...will meet its end." "But..." All members direct their attention to the head of the Vatican. "What of the messiah?" "Father, with all due respect, the messiah is nothing but a fable. A mere legend." "Actually sister, it's not." The council begins to murmur. "Just as Satan will make his escape during the alignment of the stars, the messiah will be blessed with God's power. He will defeat Satan once and for all." "That's all well and good, but how can we locate this messiah?" "His location is already known. The only problem is that he's unaware of his abilities. I'll make a call..."

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

Huh...? Where am I?

I look around the pitch black place. A small light began forming. I began walking closer to the source, which was a blue flame. The closer I got, the brighter it became. When I took one more step, the flame became wild and started spreading. The fire made its way to my leg. It continued to spread throughout my body. I tried to scream, but there was no sound. And just as it reached my face-

BOOM!

I wake up with a jolt. Yawning, I pull my blanket off and open my curtains. It was raining hard, accompanied with thunder and lightning. Looks like another gloomy day...I check my clock. 04:17. I shrug and take my towel, walking to the bathroom.

"Morning, Grandpa." I join him in the dining room. He was reading the Bible, as usual. "Good morning, (Y/n). Have you completed your prayers for the morning?" "Yup! All done." I start eating. A few minutes later, his phone rings. He excuses himself and answers the phone. Another few minutes pass, and he returns, a grave expression on his face. "Grandpa? Is something wrong?" He puts his hands on my shoulders. "(Y/n). Something bad is going to happen. Something very, very bad. There's a school that will help prepare you for the calamity to come. I need you..." He looks me in the eye. "...to be an Exorcist." "Eh - but Grandpa! Papa and Mama said-" "Forget what your parents said. You need to do this, (Y/n). The world depends on it." I sigh. "...okay. I'll do it." He smiles and starts walking. "You'll be fine, (Y/n). Now, go pack. You leave in an hour." I walk after him. "Grandpa, that's too sudden! Where am I even going, anyways?"

"True Cross Academy."

A/N: Hey! cureheart333 here! Just wanted to let y'all know I'm not dead😂. I've just been really lacking in ideas. But I'm trying my very best to update as soon as I can.

Thank you so much for reading!
-cureheart333