Chapter 12- Matt's a sociopath!

^Prepare for a lot of info in this chapter!! :)^

*Sadie’s pov*

We were currently at Stiles’s house trying to convince his dad that Matt was the real killer. “So this kid’s the real killer?” Mr. Stilinski said,”Yeah” Stiles said, “No” Mr. Stilinski said, “Yes!” Stiles said, “No.” Mr. Stilinski said. Stiles sighed frusterated,”Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common.” Stiles said. “Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, Wasn’t in Harris’s class.” Mr. S said. “All right, okay, you’re right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?” Stiles said. “No, you know what? They’re not dropping the charges, but that doesn’t prove anything.” Mr. S said and then he looked at me and my brother, “Do you guys believe this?” he asked, we nodded, “It’s really hard to explain how we know this, but you just have to trust us.” My brother said. “We know it’s Matt’ I added. Stiles jumped in,”Yeah, he took Harris’s car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victim were in Harris’s class, that they’d arrest him.” Stiles finished. “Alright, fine. I’ll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?” Mr. S asked. “Isn’t it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven’t won in like, six years.” Stiles said and his dad gave him a, “I’m about to hit you if you don’t take this seriously” look. Stiles sighed, “Okay, we don’t have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?” Stiles asked. “What do you want me to do? Mr. S asked. “We need to look at the evidence.” Stiles said. “Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work.” Mr. S said with a sigh. “Trust me, they’ll let you in.” Stiles said. “Trust you?” his dad said with raised eyebrows. “Trust- trust them?” Stiles said and pointed to Scott and I. Mr. S looked at us and then his son, “Them I trust.” He said and all three of us smiled knowing we won him over.

~ 10 minutes later; at the station.

*Sadie’s pov*

“It’s 2:00 in the morning.” The lady at the front desk said. “Believe me, I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t extremely important.” Mr. S said. Stiles pulled me by my elbow so I was next to them, “We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?” Stiles said, “Why?” Scott and I said and Stiles smiled but rolled his eyes, “Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?” Stiles said, “The pregnant girl, Jessica.” I said,”Yeah, since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could’ve seen him. “Stiles said and we nodded. “Thank you.” We heard Mr.S say, “Boys.” He said and I coughed causing stiles and Scott to chuckle, ‘And Sadie.” Mr. S said with a smile. I smiled and I walked next to Scott as we followed the Stilinski duo in.

~5 minutes later

“I don’t know guys, I mean, look at this. There was a six- car Pileup that night, the hospital was jammed.”Mr. S said and I could tell he was tired. “Just keep going, He had to have passed one of the cameras on the floor to get to Jessica, okay? He’s got to be on the footage somewhere…Oh, hold on, and stop! Did you see that? Scroll back.”Stiles said and I did as he said since I was working the footage,” That him! That’s Matt!” Stiles said. “All I see is the back of someone’s head.” Mr. Stilinski said bored. “Yeah, Matt’s head, I sit behind him in history. He’s got a very distinctive cranium, it’s weird.” Stiles said and I held in a laugh, “Are you crazy?” His dad said to him, “All right, fine, then look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?” Stiles said.”Millions, literally.” His dad said. “Okay, Sadie can you scroll forward? There’s got to be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras.” He said and I started scrolling again, “Right there! Stop, stop! See, there he is again.” Stiles said as I stopped it again for him. “You mean there’s the back of his head again.” I said, “Okay, but look, he’s talking to someone.” He said. We leaned forward trying to get a better view when Scott spoke up, “He’s talking to our mom.” He said looking at me. He quickly grabbed his phone and started to call our mom.