I'm sick, okay?

Percy’s Big Mistake Chapter 1

Percy’s Pov

Today was the day I had sword practice at camp. I really didn’t feel like it. I had a plan though. I would pretend that I was sick.

Annabeth’s Pov

Having ADHD is not fun! I have been waiting for Percy to get out of bed so we could practice sword fighting! It seemed like I was waiting for 5 millennia, but really I had been only waiting for 5 minutes. I got real impatient, so I said in my mind that I’d give Percy only 5 minutes. 5 minutes passed.

I marched to Percy’s cabin and kicked open the door. There on the bed I saw Percy listening to music on his iPad.

“We have to go sword training!” I screamed in his ear.

“I’m sick,” Percy said.

“How are you sick if you aren’t coughing, sneezing, or even complaining that your head hurts?”

“My head hurts,” Percy whined. “There. I’m sick,” he declared.

I sighed. “Fine, let’s go to the Big House to get your temperature checked. 

Percy paled. “I-I’m not that sick,” he stammered.

“Well, you said you were sick, which means you’re sick. I do not want to hear any complaints,” I said.

Chiron’s Pov

I was just telling Mr. D to put away his wine magazine and actually listen to me when I was talking, when Annabeth burst into the room, along with Percy, while punching him in the eye whenever he complained.

“You need to take his temperature Chiron,” Annabeth demanded. “He declares that he is sick,” Annabeth continued. “I want you to prove that he’s not sick, and he has to go sword training,” Annabeth finished.

“Ok,” I said.

“Kids these days,” I mumbled.

“Excuse me?” Annabeth questioned.

“Nothing,” I said quickly.

“Good,” she said.

“Now, take his temperature,” she added.

“Okay, his temperature is about………………….