Chapter 01「Brand New Moment」

One day, I saw an angel fall from the sky

That angel, in particular, was somebody so, so, so precious.

Yet she gave it all to protect me, to protect us all.

If we worked together, she wouldn't have to take that risk.

But instead, she insisted

Insisted that she couldn't let me get hurt.

I don't know why she thought that way.

Why she was willing to lose it all

All I know, is that she was so, so, so stupid.

~One Year Ago~

"Hanami!" A young girl with long, brown hair looked up, as she heard somebody shout her name. She sighed, and continued to tie the side of her hair into a bun.

"Yes?" She responded, not sounding particularly enthusiastic. She braced herself, knowing full well what would come next.

"Don't give me that! Hurry up and get your breakfast, we already have enough to worry about with Yuri's appointment, and it being Momo's first day of school." Tying a white ribbon around the bun, Hanami rolled her eyes.

"It's not like it's my first day too, or anything..." She muttered, before taking a deep breath and responding in a more audible voice. "I'm coming!" The young girl looked at herself in the mirror one last time. Her uniform was a black sailor style uniform, with a white ribbon around the collar. The very definition of bland, in Hanami's opinion. She turned to face her bedroom door, quickly grabbing her bag. As her hand was on the door handle, she noticed a notebook out of the corner of her eye. She paused, before dashing for it. She quickly hugged it, before placing it in her bag..

"I would have been so lost if I actually forgot you~" Hanami often tended to doodle about magical girls and idols in her notebook, or note story ideas down. Even though she knew she never had any chance of being either, it was still nice to live her dreams through writing. Hanami walked down the stairs, and turned to look at her two dogs. She smiled softly and stroked them.

"Pretty doggos." She continued to pet them, feeling a wave of calm wash over her.

"Hanami!!" Hanami could hear her mum shout from the kitchen, and reluctantly stood. She walked into the kitchen, where her mum was waiting. From the distance, her dad smiled.

"Took you long enough." Hanami pouted, as her mum's frustration grew even larger. From the table, a girl with short, dark brown hair shrugged.

"I did try to get her to hurry up." She stated, as Rose - their mother- shook her head.

"Of course you did, Momo." Hanami quickly made herself some toast, as the rest of her family talked about things that seemed meaningless to her. As she began to eat, her dad, Yuuki Asahi placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You know the way to school right? I'm taking Momo, and your mother is going over to Yuri's, and going to the appointment." Hanami nodded, as she finished the toast. Rose quickly typed something in her phone, and sighed.

"Oh Hanami, if only you were as smart as your sister, then you might be able to go to the same school together." Hanami could sense Momo smugly smiling, and Hanami shook her head.