Chapter Thirty-Nine

Börja om från början

I abandoned my task, going behind and putting my arms around her. "What if you apologized?" I rested my chin on her shoulder, tilting my head as I moved her hair to the other side. "Because I think you should." I pressed my lips to her neck, leaving a kiss below her ear.

I caught Gen trying to hide a smile as she absently rifled through one of the decoration boxes.

"No?" I kissed her jaw, able to feel her tense up. "I still think yes."

"You..." Genesis unevenly laughed, her breath unsteady. "You are the most distracting person I've ever met."

"Good." I grinned, nudging the fabric of her cardigan to the side and kissing the top of her collarbone. "I'm trying to make a point."

"I, uh, I think you've made your point." Gen said, her pulse sped up more than before.

"Are you sure?" I pushed her cardigan sleeve off of her shoulder, using a finger the move down the strap of her tank. "I'm not so sure I have."

 "You're the worst." She muttered, turning around and meeting my lips with hers. 

"I know." I tugged on her waist, pulling her body to me. Without our kiss breaking apart, I pushed off the other sleeve of her cardigan.

Gen laughed, helping me pull it off completely. She brought her hands up to my jaw, able to stay even closer.

More often than not, when we were kissing, we were also smiling. There was something about her - something about us, that made everything else just fall away when we were together like this.

It would explain more so why we were ignoring the boxes of decorations that desperately needed to be set up.

I bent down just barely, grabbing her thighs and pulling her up so her legs were wrapped around my torso.

Gen tugged on my bottom lip lightly with her teeth, her fingers toying with my hair as she kissed me again.

I walked back until she was against the wall, pinned in place. I found a smirk etched on to my lips as I deepened the kiss, getting an amiable response from her.

There was a knock on the door, stilling both Genesis and I.

"Hey, kids. Hate to interrupt,  but," Ellen didn't open the door but her laugh traveled to us. "we've gotta get this show on the road."

Gen's face flushed profusely, saying something I guessed was a swear word in England.

I glanced over my shoulder, the blonde still in my grasp. "We'll be out in a sec!"

Gen rested her forehead against my chest, "Oh my god." She muttered, groaning when I started laughing. "I hate you so much."

I put her down carefully, grinning as I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's not my fault you look good all the time."

"You're blaming this on me?" She scoffed, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "That's so-"

I kissed her forehead between laughs, "Cool it, hot stuff."

Gen shoved me a little, "You're so annoying." She went to the box she was originally at and lifted it. "Well come on, make yourself useful."

I rose an eyebrow, motioning a finger behind me. "That wasn't making myself useful?"

"Oh shut up." Gen rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she edged the door open and left with the mummy streamers.

I used my car keys to open up the package I brought in earlier, knowing Gen thought that her mom was sending in her costume that she left in Bury. I'd called her personally to tell her not to and that I had it covered.