Once teaching time had ended, we started craft time. We helped the kids make their own Earth out of coffee filters glued on black construction paper and we asked them to color them. Craft time then concluded, and Uncle John and I led the kids outside for a few games of tag to burn off any leftover energy. As we returned into the church, we watched as some of the volunteers began acting out a skit that coincided with the lesson that Uncle Ryan taught. Lastly, we dismissed the kids to lunch whichwas prepared by a few of the women that volunteered from Moletsane.

 Lastly, we dismissed the kids to lunch whichwas prepared by a few of the women that volunteered from Moletsane

     We got the privilege to spend some time with a few of the kids after it was all done. My new friend Mbali attempted to teach me Zulu, but it is a very difficult language for a traditional English speaker to pronounce. The only words I can remember are, "Sawubona Unjani" (Saw-ew-bone-a - Une-Jon-ee) which translates, "Hello, how are you?" Today was a blast though, I can't wait to continue sharing the gospel and having fun with the kids tomorrow!

     The evening began with the team going to Onthatile to meet up with Joel. We had families fromthe congregation of Antioch Church who offered to host us for the evening and Joel told us that he would be taking some of us to their homes. John and Callie however, stayed behind to be picked up by Duncan to be hosted by his family. The five of us got into Joel's van and proceeded to our first stop at Brian and Pumela's home, where Mike and Ryan were to be hosted for the evening. Next, Joel drove us to Moshe and Nono's home where Taylor, Shannon, and I would be hosted for the evening.

     Joel pulled up to the gate that was connected to a ten foot tall red brick wall which surrounded their home

     Joel pulled up to the gate that was connected to a ten foot tall red brick wall which surrounded their home. Joel pushed the ringer on the gate intercom and Moshe answered and buzzed us in. The gate then began to steadily slide open and we pulled up into their driveway. As we entered their home we were warmly greeted by Moshe, Nono, and their three daughters.

     Moshe directed us to his living room and we began talking through different topics of faith, our home, what we think of South Africa so far, and other topics. I had then noticed his daughters completing homework in the kitchen and asked Moshe if Nono homeschooled them. Moshe told us that most families, especially Christian families in South Africa home school their children because the public school system is very heavily controlled by the government and doesn't teach subjects that many parents wish their children to receive in a traditional education.

     Nono then called us to dinner. Nono made a delicious meal which consisted of sweet potato purée, chakalaka salad, lamb shank, and corn on the cob. Moshe and Nono began to ask more about our home country, how we in Nebraska don't have to have a great deal of security around our homes, churches, and places of business. They began to ask Taylor more about her family, and what it was like coming from a farming family. They were amazed to hear how much of Nebraska landscape is coveredwith fields of corn, soybeans, and other crops.

     The pair then asked how each of us came to faith. Shannon and Taylor both had similar stories of growing up in the church and coming to faith at a young age. That both of them come from bible believing families and how they were taught by their parents about the gospel and have grown up around it all their lived. I was hesitant at first to share my testimony. My childhood wasn't as nice and wholesome as the others. I began to explain to Moshe and Nono that while both of my parents professed that they were 'believers'; I grew up around abuse, anger, and dismissal. It took God some time to work on my calloused heart and bring me to salvation when I was older, but He did. Therefore, due to that terrible example from my parents, I know exactly what not to be like as a future parent and as a Christian.

     Moshe then began telling us his testimony. It was very encouraging to hear about how Moshe came out of a family that worshipped and prayed to their ancestors. He also explained to us that in this belief system, they rely heavily on sangomas (witch doctors). The witch doctors are said to be able to commune with a Zulu god named, UNkulunkulu. They are also believed to be able to bless, heal, and protect people with remedies, spells, and other versions of voodoo practices. Upon leaving this belief system behind, Moshe began attending a local church and in so doing discovered the true God, Yahweh. He then told us than in attending this church he was able to meet his wife, Nono but all this aside Moshe encouraged us by saying,

     "Only by God's sovereignty I'm able to share the marvelous story of my conversion. Without Him, I would still be believing in these false things."

     Nono then rose from the table and opened up their refrigerator and pulled out a baking sheet that I could only guess was desert. I was correct, and as she placed the Malva pudding in front of us, each of us enjoyed a golden brown sticky piece of Malva that we each saturated in thick creamy vanilla custard.

 I was correct, and as she placed the Malva pudding in front of us, each of us enjoyed a golden brown sticky piece of Malva that we each saturated in thick creamy vanilla custard

     As we said our goodbyes, they each planted a hug on us and as we exited their home we saw headlights at their gate. I was Ruth, and we were the last of our team to be picked up. As we made our way back to camp each of us shared stories of how our host families we so warm and welcoming to each of us and how much they encouraged the mission that we were undertaking.

     With our bellies full, we all turned in for the night but all of us were brimming with anticipation of what our God has planned for us next on this wonderful adventure.