♡Any Other Way♡

Start from the beginning

You broke into a giggle and rolled your eyes slightly. "You never are,"

"Okay, now that was sarcasm!" his eyes widened, making you giggle again. "It was blatant!"

"What, like the effects of your behavior last night?" you raised your eyebrows, making his face turn a light shade of red. "Ha!" you stood up. "I win!"

The two of you had a habit of doing that, playfully wanting to beat each other - not literally, of course.

"No! I didn't surrender!" he exclaimed, standing up.

You prepared to run, knowing that he would make an attempt to run after you. Just as he began, you heard someone knocking at the front door. This made you stop, and it made Brian frown. It was quite early in the morning, so it was rather strange to have someone knocking at the door.

"I wasn't expecting anyone..." he trailed off. "Were you?"

"No," you breathed before rushing to the door, since you were nearest to it. Upon opening it, your eyes widened. "John!" you smiled, giving him a look.

"(Y/N)!" he grinned and stepped inside, only to freeze when he saw your husband. "Bri!" he gulped.

You see, you were planning a small surprise for Brian, just because you had noticed he had been working extra hard lately. He would always tire himself out at work, and he would never fail to give you the attention you deserved. He made it look easy, but you knew that it wasn't. That's why you wanted to show your appreciation. You had planned to decorate the kitchen and bake a cake for your husband, along with presenting a small gift that you had managed to purchase without his knowledge.

A few days ago, you had asked John to come over and help you at a given time, and that seemed to have slipped your mind until you saw him again. Roger and Freddie were in on it too, and their role was to keep Brian distracted whilst he was at the studio - so that he wouldn't return to the house until the end of the day.

"John?" Brian frowned when he saw the bassist. "What brings you here...so early?" he inquired.

"Oh...me? Uh well...I...um..." he tried to think of an excuse, looking at you. "There was actually a....well..." he gulped again, making Brian suspicious.

"There was a piece of jewelry of mine...that Veronica wanted," you referred to John's wife. "And he...came here to...pick it up from me,"

"Ah," Brian nodded. "But I thought you said you weren't expecting anyone?" his eyes moved to you.

"It slipped my mind," that was the only truthful statement that had left your mouth.

"I see," he chuckled again. "Well, okay, once you've given the item to John, he and I can leave for the studio together," he suggested. "We're both going to the same destination anyway,"

"Oh..." you trailed off.

"I uh...actually need to stay...for a bit," John made a face.

Brian looked at the paper briefly before looking back at his friend with a puzzled look. "Back here? For what?" he laughed a bit.

"For...something," John's face was bright red.

"You need to stay back....at my house...with my wife...whilst I leave for the studio," he set his hands on his hips. "Yeah, no," he raised his eyebrows. "Whatever you need, you can get, or do it now,"

"Okay!" you clapped your hands. "I'll go and get the...piece of jewelry," you looked at John nervously.

"I'll come with you," he said quietly.