Chapter 20

(Renesmee)

It was time for gym. I had this class with Jacob, Emory, Dezarae, and unfortunately, Isaac. Emory and Dez led me into the Ladies dressing room where we put on our mini sport shorts and Tank-tops that made us look like skimpy-clothed sluts. I had to deal with it though.

When we walked out of the room, Jacob was waiting for me leaning against the wall on the left of the door to the Men's dressing room. "Finally. You girls take so long to dress." Jacob whined. "Well it's not our fault. We were made this way!" Emory joked.

I laughed and took Jacob's hand. "So, what are we doing in gym anyway?" I asked as we walked into the big open area with padded walls. It almost looked like a jail for mental people. Then Dezarae answered me. "Gymnastics. Cool right?" She chimed. Yes! Gymnastics! Now I'll know if I'll be good enough for Cheer. I nod at Dez.

"Everybody line up." The coach says with his eyes beading us all. "We have a new student here at Bellingham high." I hear snickers coming from everyone. "She will probably need some help on spotting. Any Volunteers." A number of hand went up in the air. "Isaac, you can spot her." The coach yells as Jacob growls. Leave it to me. I put my hand on his face. He groans, but I sense him succumbing and surrendering.

A flurry of anger and embarrassment shows on my face as Isaac walks over to me. I drop my hand. "Everyone can start tricks now." The coach yells from his office on the other side of the gym. I face Isaac. "Gymnastics, huh?" I ask Isaac. "Um, and football, and Soccer, and Wrestling." He brags. I stand on one of the blue mats. "Have you never done this before?" Isaac asks me. "No. Any easy tricks to try first?" I ask him, questioning his skills. "Try a round-off. We'll start from there. Do you know how to do that?" I nod at him and pace a few steps back. Isaac moves out of the way, as if I were holding a hand-grenade.

I run two or three steps and throw my hands on the ground, pushing my body to the side and landing with two feet on the ground. I bounce slightly for a rebound. "Not bad!" Isaac sighs. "Lets try you on a spotted standing back handspring." He suggests to me. I once again nod and walk over to Isaac. He kneels and puts a hand on the small of my back and the other hand on my thigh. I hold my breath to hear Jacob growling while doing pull-ups. I stare at him and give him the 'Nothing is going to happen' look. He sighs.

"Okay, now I'll show you the form. I want you to put your arms by your ears," I do as he says putting my hands near my ears so that they are almost touching. "Now go into a sitting position and pull your arms down in front of you." I do so and feel his hands lower down my back. I quickly shift back. "Okay I've got the form." I say loudly and swiftly. His emotion changes from happy to terrified. I walk back over to him. "Alright then, lets try the whole thing." He puts his hand a bit higher than he put it before, with the other on my thigh again. Definitely terrified. I decide. I put my arms up. "Okay now when I tell you to jum--" I interrupt him by swinging my arms down and going into the sitting position like he taught me. I jump backwards, arching my back. I land with two feet again and rebound. "Yeah, I think I've got the form." I snap at him. He chuckles at me. That wasn't the reaction that I was going for. He looked very surprised. "Now try and do a round-off into a back handspring." He says doubting my skill. I giggle.

I take a few steps back and start into my roundoff back handspring, but I can't stop. After my back handspring, I quickly grab the side of my thighs, pull my shins over my head and over rotate to land squarely on my feet. Everyone's face drops low as the Coach runs out into the gym from his office. "Renesmee! You have to try out for cheerleading!" The coach basically yells in my face. Everyone crowds around me. And all I hear is short bits of their comments. "Who is that?" Or "OMG! Renesmee! How did you do that!" And "Congratulations!" Or "Jeez, have you taken gymnastics before." And then there's: "I wish I could do that." This next comment stabs me in the chest. "As a matter of fact she HASN'T taken gymnastics before, she just has a stellar coach, who she should totally consider. After all that big dude didn't teach her that, now did he?" an obnoxious voice from the back of the group.

I hear someone's feet hit the floor, louder than a humans could. No one in my family is here, who is it? Jacob. The realization hit me like a bolt of lightning. "What did you say you weak, useless, obnoxious, bottom-feeder, unworthy-of-Renesmee--" He stops his flow of insults, and gets out of his 'wolfy attack position' and pulls himself together when he sees the look of humor/horror in my eyes and facial expression.

"Alright young sir, that is not the way to react to that type of situation." The coach walks over to Jacob, but Isaac continues. "I'm more worthy of Renesmee than you will ever be." Haha! I doubt that at the fact!

"Everybody please leave the gym." The coach says to the students crowded around me. "You never taught me how to do a back tuck! I did without you! You barely even spotted me!" I start with Isaac, but he is too busy staring down Jacob. "I think we need finish this fight." Jacob says. Everyone has left the gym by now. It was only Jacob, Isaac and me standing in the center of the gym.

"Your right... Where was I... Renesmee is perfect for me. Can't you see that? I'm the all star athlete, she's the stunning girl everyone is in love with." Isaac fought. "Your delusional. You won't touch Renesmee. I will protect her." Jacob hits him metaphorically. "I can prove that we are perfect." Isaac snaps back. He steps toward me and grabs my head in his hands. He starts to press his lips against mine. I struggle as he caresses my face. He has hard chapped lips. I push him back. He steps back toward me. I swing my arm towards his face. The impact throws him backwards He topples to the ground clutching his cheek. "You see that? We aren't perfect." He is on all fours with a face as red as the beating sun. I take the advantage to kick him in the stomach with my foot. "If anyone hears about this, you'll get it from me." Jacob added as we left him in the gym.