Pet woke with the tugging of rope against her wrists. Both of them. She came to groggily to see him just starting to stand up over her. He was fully dressed and holding Odin's reigns in his fist, a stern look on his face. She went to rub her eyes and found her hands bound together.
"Try to remember you asked for this." He told her coldly.
His sleep hadn't been as peaceful as hers had been. Images of the Sanctuary and all of his people drifted in and out of his dreams. They were all dead and Lucille had been there, his long gone wife holding her hand to her heart. She said nothing but slowly took her palm off of her chest and held it out to him. She looked like she did when he lost her, her body thin and racked with the cancer that killed her. In her sunken eyes, he saw imploring sadness. Pet appeared and stood between them, blocking him from grabbing her extended hand. That had woken him with a start and he had woken angry too.
"Stand up, Pet." He ordered and threw her a water bottle. "Drink some but not all. You're going to need it."
Automatically, she started trembling as she laid her eyes on what he had brought up to the loft. Lying at the foot of the straw bed was his belt, a strap from the saddle and long, sinewy branches of wild Virginia cane, stripped of their thin bark. She knew this was inevitable but he was certainly wasn't going to be easy on her. This was her sentence for everything she had done and she was willing to face it if he could forgive her. This was a new beginning for them.
Pet stood and took a long drink, watching him as he looked at her. He was being patient although she could sense his eagerness. When he felt she had enough, he pulled the bottle from her and removed her protective T-shirt. Tossing the reign over a low hung rafter, he held his hand out for her wrists. She felt her body flush with nervousness and terrible anticipation when he guided her arms above her head and tied the rope and reigns together, leaving her exposed and vulnerable. He gave them a good tug knowing she would be pulling hard against the restraints.
Standing behind her, he ran his fingers through the tangled mane that cascaded down her back and let his finger trace the delicate track of her spine and she shivered at the feathery touch. He grabbed a handful of her full, womanly bottom and gave a gentle squeeze. She exhaled slowly as if gathering her senses as he moved to face her. He cupped her chin and took her mouth gently, his kiss probing and achingly slow and she returned it, her tongue dancing with his, savoring the taste of him.
"Tell me you love me, Pet." He said against her eager lips.
Their eyes were clashing, each of them searching the others'. Pet didn't want to utter those words. He had never said them and he had accused hers of being empty lies and yet they slipped from her easily.
"I love you, Negan." She whispered, tears springing to her eyes even before the first taste of what he had in store.
He nodded but did not reciprocate. Instead, he attacked her neck and the hollows of her throat with a barrage of tiny kisses and little sucks. His calloused hands roamed her curves freely, molding her breasts in his palms and bringing her nipples to tight points with flicks of his warm tongue and teasing little bites. She was helpless and when he had her like this she felt oddly safe although no one would ever understand how. No one but him. This was their dance and it defined their strange, smoldering connection.
Letting his fingers only graze her softness, he bit his lip slyly when she bucked towards him, seeking out more than just a ghost of a touch. She would have that soon but not before. Never before a lesson or a punishment and she knew that. It was all part of it.
"Let's start with the familiar." He growled softly in her ear.
She felt her rolled T-shirt slip over her eyes and tied snugly around the back of her head. Being deprived of the sense of sight made all the others intensify. Everything became so much clearer. The taste of his kiss lingered on her lips and stayed there, a mix of salt and musk. Varying scents consumed her. There was the deep, pungent smell of the hay and the rich, wet odor of a late southern summer in the air. The sounds were exquisitely pronounced, almost primal in their purity, from the birds outside, to the floorboards groaning under Negan's weight as he moved behind her. The hair stood up on the back of her neck as the sound of his belt buckle jingled noisily and she held her breath.
Negan had wanted to let the weathered leather belt fly as hard as could muster and without warning. He wanted to bring the strikes in quick succession and without mercy like she deserved. That is what he had envisioned ever since he found out she was still breathing. He had fantasied about it, wanting to hear her scream almost immediately, just as he had screamed into the darkness of his lone cell. But now that he had her here, she had offered herself in desperate willingness without any protest. He cursed under his breath as his eyes traveled over her naked back. She was so ready to receive whatever he thought was due, the muscles in her arms quivering as she waited. Instead of bringing the first lash down, he wrapped the softened leather in his palm and traced it down her back.
Pet sighed at the familiar feel of it and she also felt his trepidation. It wasn't like Negan to hesitate in matters such as this.
"It's okay, Negan. I understand." She said quietly.
She didn't understand a damn thing, he thought as he stroked her pristine skin. What he had to tell her when this was all over was going to be worse than anything he could bring to her. It felt like a betrayal and before he found her trying to fight off the two wolves near the pond, that would have been okay. She had dealt him the same thing but now that she was actually here...
"Negan..." she murmured, trying to turn her head towards him.
"Fuck it." He growled, the dream he had flashing in his mind and he let the belt unroll from his fist.
He drew back and brought the strap down, striping her calves first. Pet sucked in her breath but held steady. It had stung but by his standards it was a love tap. She heard him exhale, as if he was frustrated. She was trying to be so good. Was she disappointing him somehow?
The question in her mind was answered when the next strike seared the back of her thighs and she jumped at the jolting burn. He was behind her again. She could feel him, his breath hot on her neck. He grabbed her breast, his arm curling up her torso like a leather snake.
"Are you still devoted to me?" He asked, letting his tongue flick over her earlobe.
She shivered.
"I am." She answered.
It was true. She had never stopped. Not even when she had taken control from him to get what she wanted. It hadn't been a question of devotion. It had been about her right to take her revenge on Simon and claim her people back. It all went horribly wrong though.
He pushed himself off of her and took two steps back. She heard it coming before she felt the blow. It fell across the fullness of her ass with a loud crack. A quick, low groan escaped her as his fingers moved over the rising welts, a steady heat radiating from them.
"Even when I thought you were dead I was devoted." She confessed.
"Why did you throw it away?" He asked immediately.
This time the question was a growl and it came from even farther away. He had taken a few steps back and she knew the next one was going to mean business. She had memorized everything about the way he reprimanded her.
"That's the last thing I wanted. I had everything except that one thing!" She shouted.
She couldn't help it. Her voice was raised from the course of adrenaline that exploded in her veins.
Two strikes followed her declaration, two quick ones that crisscrossed her stretched out back like an X. Pain erupted from the stripes and she shrieked. Negan was on her in a second, his hand delving roughly between her legs, feeling for the wetness that he craved and needed to touch. When he pulled his fingers away they were coated with her sugar and he huffed a low growl of a laugh, bringing them up to her lips and pushing them inside. Although her back was screaming from the last two blows, she sucked on them earnestly, knowing that's what he wanted.
"Pet..." He panted and replaced his fingers with his tongue, tasting her unforgettable musk.
"You took what I gave you and risked it all for vengeance. You didn't trust me to give that to you and now there is nothing I can do. Look at where you've brought us." He said.
The words stung just as much as his belt that she heard fall to the floor. He spun her in her bindings till she came to face him. She wished he would take the blindfold off so she could look in his eyes. Instead, his lips scorched her front with long, lingering licks in between, as if he couldn't get enough of the salt on her skin. She heard him drop to his knees and the tickle of his scruff brushing against her sensitive outer lips. He dipped his tongue in just once and grazed her swelling pearl making her gasp. She wanted nothing more than for him to fully taste her but he rose to his feet again. In a moment she heard a whistling cutting through the air and then a terrible, sharp bite ripped across her stomach and she gasped at the suddenness and intensity of it. Negan pulled the blindfold off and watched as her eyes fell on the single, bright red lash that marred her belly. When she looked to him he was holding one switch.
"Why can't you love me!?" She cried. "Why can't you tell me?!"
Her outburst was met with a sideways strike, the thin, flexible reed wrapping around her ribs and snapping the underside of her left breast. She screeched at the burning sting. Her question had ignited something terrible and dangerous in him. His eyes went dark and stormy as he reached for a second branch and added it to the first. There was no hesitation as he swung three times in different directions, the little whips crossing her like a road map. The pain made her kick her legs and pull in her bindings. He was pacing in front of her wildly like a caged animal, running his fingers through his hair and grasping the switches so tightly his knuckles were white. It was like he was in a different place and she became frightened.
"Isn't it enough that you made me FEEL?" He roared. "Isn't it enough that I gave you everything I had to give?"
He went to thrash her again, this time in wild abandon but he stopped in mid swing. Grabbing the one saddle strap he stormed up to her and wrapped it around her slender neck. He reached down and forced her legs around his waist, his hands squeezing her ass harshly. She could feel the swollen bulge in his pants, his rage unable to hinder his lust for her. It only took a moment for him to release his cock from the confines of his pants and thrust it into her with a hoarse groan. She gasped at the crude invasion but held him tighter between her thighs. He banged into her as if trying to expel a demon along with his release and he began pulling on the ends of the strap. The leather choker tightened slowly around her tender throat until she started to struggle for air.
He's going to kill me, she thought as he bucked into her sex and continued the slow pull of the straps. His eyes were black as onyx now as he watched her reddening face and the tears that slipped down her cheeks.
"I love you.." she managed to choke.
In his moment of blind rage he couldn't stop himself. It was like something took over. No one could ever replace Lucille, the woman he had failed. Pet had made him fail again. His dream had shown him clearly that she was trying to replace his beautiful Lucille, blocking him from the memory of her. He pulled the choker tighter.
Pet couldn't stop him and she began struggling, begging him with her eyes to stop. Just before she lost consciousness a dragonfly flitted in, lighting itself on her chest. Despite the violent assault it stayed there, the neon blue of its eyes and iridescent wings fluttering before Negan's hollow gaze. They had been Lucille's favorite. He stared at it, the haze slowly lifting from his face. He seemed shocked as he fixated on Pet's desperate expression. Her complexion had turned scarlet and she was sputtering. What was he doing?
"I'm sorry." He whispered "I'm so fucking sorry."
He released his hold on the leather lines that had slowly been choking her.
Pet gulped the delicious air and suddenly he was releasing her wrists and she collapsed into his arms, her color slowly returning to normal. He brushed the tears from her eyes with his thumb and kissed her lips gently. The dream he had was not about Pet trying to replace his lost wife. It was about his wife imploring him to try and love again. She had extended her hand from her heart and Pet had appeared in front of her. Pet had not been blocking them. Lucille was showing him. He was not a superstitious man by any means but the dragonfly had pulled him from the insanity that had overtaken him. It had saved Pet's life.
Negan laid on top of her, feeling her heart thudding wildly against him. He poured water into her parched mouth and she gulped greedily. Crashing his lips to hers, he was grateful that she returned the kiss weakly and she sighed softly as he began moving his mouth lower. His tongue blazed a trail over her flushed skin and she arched her back as he found the sensitive, pointed tips of her taut nipples and tormented them with exquisite little bites that made her gasp. She wrapped her fingers in his thick hair as he moved lower still, his tongue dipping into her navel and across the tight scars that marred her, his fingers eagerly beginning to probe between her parted thighs.
"Tell me again." He ordered gruffly, his scruff course and prickly against her softness.
Pet conceded immediately, proclaiming her love for him as he parted her and found her aching center. A burning heat consumed her as his tongue coaxed her core into a hardened, little pearl that he toyed with teasingly as little cries escaped from her throat. With her words of devotion he began feasting on her sex, pushing his deft fingers deep inside her tight, wet walls until he found the secret place that would melt her and bring her the ecstasy that she so deserved.
"Come for me, Pet." He groaned, slurping the push of sugar that poured from her.
She cried out his name as her core relented to the surge of pleasure and she writhed helplessly as she burst at his command, drenching his beard in her feminine musk, the flavor he had become addicted to. He wasted no time, climbing her like a vine and slipping his cock easily inside of her receptive body. Holding her jaw in his large palm, he held her eyes in a lustful gaze as he pumped into her and groaned as she put one leg over his broad shoulder, inviting him to consume her to the fullest depths of her womb. Negan's breath was raspy and quick, his orgasm bubbling just below the surface and he began growling with each penetrating push of his hips. As his release hurtled towards him, he grabbed a handful of her wild hair and held her so she couldn't look away.
"I love you, Pet. I fucking love you." He panted and exploded inside of her with a guttural roar.
They laid together, wrapped in each other's arms, breathing in the lush, intoxicating scent of their lovemaking that slicked their flushed skin. Neither one spoke for a long while, trying to figure out what each other was thinking. Pet felt oddly insecure, afraid that he didn't mean those words at all. She thought maybe he had said them because he had almost killed her and still wanted her devotion for his own reasons and ego. She honestly couldn't believe her own ears.
He felt a tremendous release at saying the words she had wanted to hear for so long but the admission had brought fear too. He was sure Lucille had blessed them both with the signs she had sent but there was also a terrible reality that came with it. He loved her and with that came the promise of protection and there was only one way to do that now.
Negan wrapped her wrists tightly in his hands and pulled her in close to look into her face. He kissed her gently, his tongue outlining her lips that were still plump and pouty from his ravaging mouth.
"I do love you." He whispered. "I love you and that's why I'm taking you back to Alexandria."
And once again, Pet couldn't believe her ears...

Almost four books later and he finally said it! I hope you guys cheered!! (I did)
The road to back to Alexandria is not going to be an easy one....
Thanks for reading guys! Comments are always welcome and votes are forever appreciated!
The adventure will continue!
Love ya peeps!💕