Chapter 7- Caged

Mulai dari awal

Oh, maybe he did know where I was... But I didn't want to leave my hiding space. Would he drag me out of my safe tree if I refused him? "N- No..."

There was a pause and he asked, "Why not? Where are you?" He was directly under me now. But he wasn't coming after me. He stayed where he was. He still couldn't see me and I relied on that.

My tail wrapped around the branch as extra support. "You're being scary, Loki. Stop it, please!" I glanced down at him. He wasn't even looking at me.

But when he did look up at me his expression softened significantly. He looked like my Loki... "Kitten... Please, come down. I'm sorry." I shivered. He was actually looking into my eyes.

For however soft he sounded... I was still too frightened to move. "I- I can't. I'm scared."

He sighed and looked down. "What can I do to get you down?" I stayed quiet. He was being awfully considerate and for some reason, it was enough for my powers to drop again. It glitched before leaving me visible to him. He seemed surprised for a moment, but his emotions were suddenly dropped as if hiding his true thoughts.

I braced myself and carefully climbed down the tree. But I stopped a few branches up, enough to be out of his reach. I couldn't will myself to go down to him. "Sorry..."

"Don't be..." He leaned against the tree, waiting as he asked, "Can you at least answer me? How long have you had these powers? Why did you use them to come out here in the cold?"

I gnawed on my lip. "I was feeling anxious. I needed air... I didn't think you would let me out."

"Did you get air?"

"Yes..."

"And how do you feel now?"

I hugged the branch as I thought about how to answer him. "Scared..." I shifted awkwardly. "I don't want to be but... You're scary, Loki. That's what triggered the invisibility."

"I told you I was sorry..." He seemed to tilt his head, staring at the ground. "I didn't mean to be scary to you. Listen, kitten, you weren't taking care of yourself and you didn't do as I asked. I hated that I came back to find you and our home in such a horrible condition. I only wanted to make things better and make sure you were okay. You needn't hide yourself from me."

"You were angry when you found me missing. Didn't you trust that I was okay?"

He looked up at me. "I was afraid they had taken you away from me." The fear in his eyes was real. Too real to be fake. I almost wanted to comfort him. Almost. "I don't want to lose you, (Y/n)! You're what I live for!"

I stared at him in surprise. I haven't heard him talk like that in... forever. "Loki-" My voice caught in my throat. I grabbed the lower branch and hesitantly jumped down. He was obviously waiting and caught me in his arms. We stared at each other as I tried to keep myself calm. "Who... Who were you afraid was going to take me away?"

His eyes were almost glowing now. But not in a good way and that sense of dread returned to me causing my powers to glitch. Maybe I should have stayed in the tree... "Hydra... SHIELD.... the Avengers... all of them. Everyone." A scary grin appeared on his face. "But they won't take you from me! I promise I'll keep you safe, kitten."

I was prepared to jump from his arms but I found a green glow surrounding us and we appeared back in our room. Except... there were bars on the door... like a cage. "L-Loki..."

"You'll stay here, for now, kitten. I promise it's safe. No one can get to you in here."

"But... But I-"